PDA

View Full Version : YVR Employee Discounts?

Finals19
11th Feb 2005, 02:15
Just a quick question to anyone that might know....I work out of the south terminal at YVR, and was wondering what the deal was with industry stand-by tickets if you have a valid YVR ramp pass? I know local companies like HeliJet and Harbour Air give a standby rate, but bigger operators....WJ,AC,CX etc?

Not sure if south terminal ops would qualify for industry standby rates on these guys? I have heard stories of certain schemes, but can find no info anywhere about it...

Any ideas?:ok:

Rollingthunder
11th Feb 2005, 05:00
It's my understanding that mostly, you have to be airline staff. Then it's dependant on who your airline has reciprocal interline agreements with.

CGTSN
24th Feb 2005, 14:42
If it's like in YYZ, you can get 15% off the vacation packages with Transat holidays, Sunquest etc... you have to be an airport employee. The best is you can go to the sales counter and ask :)

altiplano
19th Mar 2005, 18:03
Talk to the people in your HR department - they will know where you get the hook-ups...

If nowhere - I think at least they still have 20% off lunch day for airport employess at the Beaver...

bzhpilot
19th Mar 2005, 18:21
I think HANDLEX is heading your way in a few months. There are part of the transat group. You get pretty good discount on Air Transat and Vacances transat. Work sucks but at leats you have some travel benefits....As far as just having the red pass offers, I don't think it's much more than working your a$$ off and that's it.