PDA

View Full Version : Checkoslovakia & Hungary

FullyFlapped
8th Feb 2005, 20:20
Greetings one and all,

Could anyone kindly point me towards any sources of info on making VFR flights through the above countries ? Books, magazine articles etc ... and yup, I've done a search.

Many thanks,

FF :ok:

IO540
8th Feb 2005, 20:45
Hi,

You can fly there easily enough. As usual, check Avgas and Customs before you go. I planned a trip to Prague last year but cancelled because the 0C level was below the MSA, which removed the option to climb.

Probably the biggest challenge is the hills on the way, and how far above them the cloudbase is :O

Good luck!

Fried_Chicken
8th Feb 2005, 21:52
Sorry to be picky but Czechoslovakia is now split into the Czech Republic & Slovakia although not sure how different the procedures etc are in each country, probably very similar II would imagine.

Fried Chicken

IRISHPILOT
9th Feb 2005, 07:10
Hi FF, you are almost 15 years behind and the iron curtain has lifted. There is no Czechoslovakia anymore, so let me tell you about the Czech Republic:

As said before, check Avgas, as you probably want to go to a smaller field around Prague, to avoid high landing charges. Ruzyne has a lot of shallow fog too. Apart from that, things go smooth and quickly.

cheers, IP

SR20flyDoc
9th Feb 2005, 09:42
This might help for the Czech republic.

They have a long history of builing planes themselves, with industry like Zlin, Morovan and Walter. And lots of ULM's so there might be some traffic.

http://www.aopa.cz/foreign_visitors.html

FullyFlapped
9th Feb 2005, 12:27
Thanks guys. I'm glad Checkoslovakia no longer exists, because I could never spell it properly anyway ...

Excellent info on the Czech Republic : now chaps, what about Hungary (Budapest in particular) ?

FF :ok: