PDA

View Full Version : Egnv - Egbo

BigStu
5th Feb 2005, 19:12
I'm after a bit of advice here.

I'm flying from EGNV to EGBO next month (GA flight). For a bit of sight seeing my route is EGNV-BV-TNT-EGBO.

My question is, who should I talk to? I've heard Birmingham are not to keen on giving a FIS to non-inbounds, but, my route takes me close to their zone. Should I not give them a quick call and let them know I intend to remain outside their airspace? I've also heard that East Midlands are very good with GA and they might be the best unit. Would they give me a FIS as far as Wolverhampton?

Obliged for any advice. Thanks.

Stu.

Fried_Chicken
5th Feb 2005, 20:29
I've also heard that East Midlands are very good with GA and they might be the best unit. Would they give me a FIS as far as Wolverhampton?

EMA will probably give you a serice to abeam LIC

Fried Chicken

Punditgreen
6th Feb 2005, 10:15
NV will transfer you to NJ, who will transfer you to Wadd, who will suggest you freecall NEMA who will suggest Brum.
If its during the week NV may put Linton between themselves and NJ.
Unless you want to do it all by yourself, but those are still the recommended agencies.
Note BV doesn't exist anymore!

PPRuNe Radar
6th Feb 2005, 13:19
Anyone who wants to bang on about the elitism of NATS ATC units based on their banding can do so elsewhere.

The thread starter wants advice not playground willy waving ;)

chiglet
6th Feb 2005, 22:13
Leeds could be an option...NV-UPTON-TNT-LIC...
I [from my Pennine days... :{ ] remember similar..NV-NM-NX-BB
hope this helps
watp,iktch

Evil J
8th Feb 2005, 01:36
I would like to provide some advise but will only get picked for my spelling and grammer so I won't bother!!!