PDA

View Full Version : Ppl -please Reply!

oliverpollard
31st Jan 2005, 16:11
Hi
I am quite new and I am sure this has been discussed in the past but I am wanting to get my PPL this summer and wondered if someone could advice me on the best place to do this. I have done so research at m local aerodrome - Elstree and it seems so much more expensive than say Florida. Are there any disadvantages with completing the PPL in Florida? And on my return will I be able to get into a Cessna 152 or whatever and fly straight away. ie will there be any sort of conversion necessary.
In addition - is it so so much cheaper after all.
Would be interested to hear from people who have got their PPL abroad and how easy it now is to fly over here.
In addition, i have seen some adverts in flight magazines advertising schools such as Orlando, Omond and Naples. Does anyone have any advice on there as I am seriously thinking about putting my name down soon.
Thank you very much.

PILOT-WITH-ALTITUDE
31st Jan 2005, 16:25
Check your PM box

h999
31st Jan 2005, 17:58
Evil J

You are in the private flying forum!!!!!

h

Pilgrim101
31st Jan 2005, 18:04
Oliver

So, first lesson, don't ask Evil J any navigation questions :E

Evil J
31st Jan 2005, 18:06
I think you'll find that the thread started in Rumours and News and has been moved, hence the deleting of my earlier post

Fly Stimulator
31st Jan 2005, 18:06
h999 & Pilgrim101,

This was originally posted in Rumours & News and moved here by the mods.

HEX
1st Feb 2005, 05:23
Hey Oliver,

Check your PMs.

Cheers

HEX

alterego
1st Feb 2005, 12:43
Loads of places to go flying in Florida and it is fantastic. good facilities and no landing fees.

Do not go anywhere that wants a lump of cash in advance. Pay as you go.

Loose rivets
2nd Feb 2005, 03:51
Make sure you have the correct visa. The visa waver does not allow for such activities as pilot training.

According to her father, a young lady was sent home-- after being held at the airport --for this reason. And this was prior to 9/11