PDA

View Full Version : 'Safety Pilot' Available...

Kit d'Rection KG
30th Jan 2005, 16:45
Hi all,

Just wondering...

I'm an ATPL(A) holder, with current SEP and MEP ratings, current single-crew IR, around 6000 hours, current B737 (commander), PA-28R, PA-34, ex-instructor, and have flown most common types of piston singles and twins, and I'm based in SE England. I'm in a full-time safety-related job in the industry, with good flexibility and weekends free.

Now, I'd happily come along as a 'safety pilot' with anyone who feels they'd like to have an experienced hand along, to keep an eye on things, and add a little additional 'safety margin'. In return, I would enjoy the odd extra trip and the chance to see some new places, perhaps.

So, does anyone know how I'd best go about finding those who might appreciate help? Obviously, flying club notice boards and word of mouth are good tools, but is there a dedicated website (similar to the sailing world's Crewseekers) that anyone knows of?

TTFN,

Kit

Kit d'Rection KG
2nd Feb 2005, 18:59
Well, one PM later (and no reply to my reply to it), so I guess the answer's "no". Not to worry, I shall enjoy my various bits of flying, and if anyone wants to make a mental note to PM me when they feel the need for a second pair of eyes/ears/few extra thousand hours to sit next to them for a trip, then please do.

Happy landings!

Kit

Flock1
2nd Feb 2005, 20:46
I, for one, can't understand why anybody hasn't taken you up on this offer.

Maybe people are intimidated?

If I lived darn sarf, I would have had PM'd you.

Regards

Flock1

Keef
2nd Feb 2005, 22:05
I think part of it is that many of us already have our friendly safety pilots identified. I need a JAA IR to sit alongside from time to time, and have a highly respected friend who does that. I'm also blessed with several PPL/IMC friends for those occasions in the UK when I'm messing about with hoods.

Get to know 'em, I'd say.

Deano777
2nd Feb 2005, 22:18
Kit

Now if you lived in the SW of this great country we'd be in business ;)

Dean

millermilla
2nd Feb 2005, 22:28
Hiya Kit,

Just seen your post. I would be very ineterested in taking a safety pilot with me in the near future. Ive not flown for about 5 months due to an engine replacement on my C150 which is due back online end of Feb. Once its back online I will get checked out by a qualified instructor but would really appreciate someone with your experience sat beside me for a few flights to help build up my confidence and give me a bit more confidence to do some bigger cross countries. I currently have around 80hrs but there all in a PA38 so have only about 2hrs in a C150. Im based at Shoreham so if your happy to will give you a shout once the aircraft is back online.

Best Regards

Keith Miller

Hi Keith, check your email please. BRL.

Yorks.ppl
3rd Feb 2005, 11:53
Hi kit,
I sent you a PM.

AlexL
3rd Feb 2005, 11:58
Is there anything in the ANO or anywhere else preventing a 'Crewseeker' type website? If not why don't we set one up?

MLS-12D
3rd Feb 2005, 15:28
is there a dedicated website (similar to the sailing world's Crewseekers) that anyone knows of?Yes: see here (http://www.pilotpartner.com/). Unfortunately it only covers Canada and the USA, but I feel confident the webmaster would add sections for England, Scotland, Ulster and Wales if the request was made.

wombat13
3rd Feb 2005, 17:57
Please check your P.M's and get back to me when you can.

Thanks.

wbryce
3rd Feb 2005, 19:22
Hello Kit

If you stayed near Scotland I would most definately take you up on your offer.

I think it would be very beneficial for a post PPL pilot who has intentions to progress his skills to jump at such an oppertunity!

will

Kit d'Rection KG
3rd Feb 2005, 20:58
Well, gosh!

Something of a flurry of replies just when I thought the thread would breathe its last...

To those who've PM'd: Thanks, and I'll try to get in touch with you when I can (just off to the boat for the weekend - hope you'll excuse me).

Most expressions of interest have bee from people outside the South-East, but perhaps there are ways around the logistics...

I would hope to offer both some additional confidence and some help in developing skills, to anyone I might fly with, and I'll get in touch with the Canadian website people too, as it sounds like a good idea to expand their geographical boundaries.

So, thanks again for reading and responding,

Pip pip,

Kit