PDA

View Full Version : Herc Down (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

glum
20th May 2005, 14:37
Just wanted to thank Group Catain Oborn for his speech in the Catherdral. Very moving, very personal, delivered like he knew them all.

Thank you.

C130 Techie
20th May 2005, 16:27
Todays service was a fitting tribute to 10 brave and selfless individuals.

Glum - I agree an excellent and very personal address by Gp Capt Oborn

Sarahs
20th May 2005, 18:07
I wish I could have been there today.

But, once again work duties get in the way.

My thoughts and prayers were there though, with all concerned.

monkeybumhead
20th May 2005, 18:26
Just had a memorial service here at MPA in the Timmy hangar. Touching moment attended by all the Herc lads on 1312, and others from around the unit.

Centre_Expand
20th May 2005, 18:28
Attended the Memorial Service on the pan at Basrah this evening.
Only a small affair, but a fitting tribute nonetheless.

Rest In Peace

ZH875
20th May 2005, 19:08
Never forget them

Cambridge Crash
21st May 2005, 12:59
I have amended the post - indeed deleted most of it, however my sentiments remain unchanged.

Should the anger phase of the grieving of such close collegues be directed to those who directed service personnel to be put in such danger in the first place?

CC
Ipoh
Malaysia

Lockstock
21st May 2005, 13:51
It was a very fitting Service on friday for 10 brave men.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your families during a difficult time.

RIP.

C130 Techie
21st May 2005, 15:08
Out of respect for the crew I will not lower myself, on this forum, to show the contempt I feel for your insensitive post.

The Herc community and those who wish to be associated with it have been hit very hard by what happened to those on board XV179.

I believe that yesterdays service of thanksgiving was intended to bring some sort of closure to the initial grieving process, thus allowing people to move on.

If you don't like the content of this thread then might I suggest that you go elswhere.

Pilgrim101
21st May 2005, 15:35
CC

You have no idea how offensive your post is to all those who have placed and continue to place their lives in the care of such professional aircrew, and all those who have served with them.

What time limit do you advise on such a bereavement ? You are just crass, insensitive and stupid. I wonder if yu would have the balls to make such a stupid comment to the faces of all those you have just insulted.

Yes, many who knew them did look on the forum by the way.

MrBernoulli
21st May 2005, 19:07
CC

Suggest you sod off at high speed.

BEagle
21st May 2005, 19:09
CC,

FO i FP!!

A most moving service was held a day or so ago and yet you seek to comment upon those still grieving? Have the decency to apologise for your insensitivity - or forever b*gger off.

Indicating Full
21st May 2005, 19:24
Whilst I only knew 2 of the guys on 179 I was very close to a lot of those killed on 193 in 1993. Such an incident affects a great deal of people and this forum is a useful way for people to share their grief and catch up on "developments" which was not previously available.

Let the thread run its course!

Skylark4
21st May 2005, 19:51
Cambridge Crash.
May I suggest that you count up the number of times you have been castigated for innappropriate remarks on various threads on this bulletin board and reflect on the fact that you would do better to find avery small hole somewhere and go climb into it.
I, for one, would be quite happy never to hear from you again.
I think I am correct in saying that you claim to have some years of military service behind you and are now at university. The immaturity you display makes this hard to believe.

Mike W

Hueymeister
21st May 2005, 20:50
CC for such an apparently erudite and allegedly quite clever man....that last post of yours makes you look a complete kn*b. Hopefully you'll catch something nasty from a Kai-Tai in Ipoh.

Let the thread run it's course.

HM

BEagle
22nd May 2005, 06:59
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1622478,00.html

RIP

US Herk
22nd May 2005, 21:14
Regrettably, I was unable to attend the service. En route to a mate's house to link up & drive together, I rolled my Jeep. Both the vehicle & myself are largely unhurt, but I deeply regretted being unable to attend the service.

My thoughts remain with the families and comrades of those lost.

Captain Gadget
23rd May 2005, 18:04
Like Indicating Full above, I knew only two of the guys on 179 but rather more on 193. Sadly, I was unable to make the memorial service this time, but (from both personal knowledge of the man and from what I have read above) I know and believe that Obi has done them full justice.

Rest in peace, guys. You will not be forgotten.

Gadget

Top Bunk Tester
9th Sep 2005, 14:25
Nice to see that Dave Stead was posthumously awarded the AFC for operations in Afghanistan in todays tranche of operational honours.

Although cited for Afghan Ops, I'd like to think it was for all the crew and pax of Hilton 22.