PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Second Officer

EK
5th Nov 2000, 17:47
I'm interested in joining Cathay Pacific as a S/O . Could any one supply me with some info on the salary , conditions , aircraft likely to operate etc

I am currently flying the Embraer 110 ( Bandit )turboprop in the UK . I have approx 1300 hrs , Frozen ATPL and all the rest of the relevant stuff .
Who is the best person to contact at Cathay and what chance should I stand ?

Thanks for your help .

Nite_Flite
6th Nov 2000, 01:58
check www.cathaypacific.com (http://www.cathaypacific.com)

2b sacked
6th Nov 2000, 10:35
For the most up to date information email your questions to [email protected]

Be sure to mention that you got his address from PPRUNE.

Best of luck!

[This message has been edited by 2b sacked (edited 06 November 2000).]

bobajob61
6th Nov 2000, 11:57
2b wise words mate, You just beat me to posting the very same info. :)

EK that's the route most people take to get in. Ken's a grate bloke, (never could spell)he'd love to hear from you. Good luck!

The Guru
10th Nov 2000, 14:01
This is probably asking the ridiculous but who is KEN BARLEY????

Is this a set up or does he have a specific vested interest in providing info about the company????

jtr
11th Nov 2000, 08:25
Ken has an intrest in the futures of people in, and about to join CX. He is the man to get all the info on what to expect in the next few years in CX.

geh065
11th Nov 2000, 09:01
Ken's a great guy. He helped me a lot.

Minima
11th Nov 2000, 14:36
What's Ken Barleys official designation?

TAT
12th Nov 2000, 08:24
To EK and Minima !!

Ken Barley is the DFO,,,,,,,
Not a good idea to mention pprune if looking for a job at cx......

Check on pprune a year back to find answeers for your questions............

Sorry about the childish replies,,,,,,,

Start salary for SO HK$ 375.000 + 15.5 % provident fund ,,,Free medical and housing etc.

Upgrade to FO is 2 1/2 years going down due to 14 new airplanes coming next year.....
You will be SO on B744 or A340/A330 and do FO upgrade on A330 or B777....

TAT

CALI_cfi
12th Nov 2000, 12:16
What is a DFO?

xcheck
12th Nov 2000, 13:41
Director of flight ops

chat sei chat
14th Nov 2000, 09:13
Do not come here. You will regret it forever...

Lerxt
14th Nov 2000, 09:56
Warning....looser alert!

joyride
15th Nov 2000, 13:55
Why not consider applying, hopefully get the job, spend some time in Hong Kong (a great city)upgrade to FO, get a big jet on your licence and then have the freedom to stay or go elsewhere. You may even enjoy it here....

GET A LOAD OF THIS
19th Nov 2000, 17:28
Cathay is an interesting airline to work for, it seems that the longer I work here the more I dislike it and the worse the conditions of service have become. The working environment has degenerated over the past so many years that all I here when I go to work is more complaints. RIGHTLY SO TOO. Just be aware that when you join this outfit you will be working for a bunch of MORONS that have mis-managed the man power so badly that for the second time in as many years we are likely to have a sick out - hopefully over xmas.

Apart from that there is some good points - the housing assistance is paying of my apartment (size of VW combi van) and I view that as compensation for having a provident fund that cannot support me after I retire.

Why don't I move to another job? -Born optimist that it may get better here oneday!!
(havn't heard back from letters to United yet...)

Good luck on your coice of airline - remember that there is no training bond here, you can leave anytime.

EK
21st Nov 2000, 23:51
Where can you be based as a F/O with Cathay Pacific ?

If you get based in London , do you simply operate London - Hong Kong for the rest of your career , or are you given a bit of variety ?

satcom
23rd Nov 2000, 17:22
To be honest, the salary is still attractive. Otherwise, guys would go to the other airline.

HardRock
23rd Nov 2000, 19:58
"the other airline" doesn't put 2500 hour pilots into -400's, and 340's...that's why they come here.

exeng
24th Nov 2000, 06:18
Excuse me but I just popped into your zone to see if I could find an old friend of mine.

Sounds as if moral is creaking a bit. Cathay used to be the place where life was great. I appreciate things have changed for the worse, but how bad is it?

Regards
Exeng

exeng
24th Nov 2000, 06:24
Whoops!

Just looked at the thread 'Unacceptable Rosters in December', I guess it answers my previous question.

Best of luck fellas, I've got the same problem back in U.K.

Regards
Exeng