PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Air Canada

KC-10 Driver
27th Jan 2005, 17:36
Just wanted to send out a message of thanks to all the Air Canada staff who have been overwhelmingly gracious and accommodating to me lately.

Several times over the past few months, I have travelled between LGA-YYZ-YWG (or the other direction) on your airline in an off-line, space positive status. Air Canada does C-checks and other mods for my company (JetBlue) in Winnipeg, and I have been deadheading in one direction or the other enroute to picking up or dropping off aircraft.

On every occasion, I was overwhelmed by the exceptional treatment I was afforded as a non-rev. In fact, on the one occasion where a first class seat upgrade was not available, I was almost embarrassed by the number of apologies offered.

Thanks for the friendly, personal service you have given me, and I have also seen you give to your real, paying customers.

JeePilot
28th Jan 2005, 08:00
AMEN, finally a positive post for once. I have also had positive encounters with AC staff, among others. Unfortunately we don't hear near enough of the positive and concentrate way too much on the negative. I know it's a cliché but it seems to hold true, it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch.

PS If you pass on your kind words to the complaint department (they don't have a compliment department) they will ensure the crew(s) involved will be commended. :ok:

admiral ackbar
28th Jan 2005, 10:45
In fact, on the one occasion where a first class seat upgrade was not available, I was almost embarrassed by the number of apologies offered.

Don't want to bash AC, as I usually get pretty good service on them, but I wish they would apologise to me as profusely as a Super Elite when they put dead-heading staff in J ahead of me.

Rosbif
28th Jan 2005, 17:23
Fly A C.
"We're not happy until you're not happy !"

Lost in Saigon
28th Jan 2005, 18:33
I imagine you were looking to use a free J class upgrade coupon.

This J class upgrade scheme is just a well orchestrated plan to get you hooked on J class and then desire it so much that you are actually willing to pay the full price some day.

I believe your upgrade coupon is space available and that Air Canada has a contractual obligation to put deadheading staff in J class ahead of you.

Everything in the employees’ contract is there for a reason. The deadheading employee upgrade should not be assumed to be a “perk”. It is probably really a “let” as many other airlines deadhead their employees in J as confirmed passengers.

Having well rested, contented, flight and cabin crew can actually improve the overall travel experience of the paying passengers. And as a result, contribute to the bottom line of the airline.

Unfortunately Air Canada management has still not figured this out.

They seem to prefer the practice of management by confrontation.

Dropp the Pilot
29th Jan 2005, 07:02
KC10:

Next time you get that fine treatment from an Air Canada employee, ask them if they have always worked at Air Canada.

Invariably you will find that they are former Canadi>n employees.

barry lloyd
29th Jan 2005, 11:05
Ah! Canadi>n.(Pacific)
Now there was an airline, shipping company, railway company, hotel owner. Still think their callsign (Empress) was one of the classiest in the business.

rotornut
29th Jan 2005, 14:07
But Canadi>n was the new name of Pacific Western which took over Canadian Pacific some time ago, was it not?

Incidentally, Canadian Pacific still exists. Instead of having all their concerns in one big company, they created a number of individual corporations for each type of business. So there's CP Rail, CP Ships, Fairmont Hotels, and a few others.

Safety Guy
29th Jan 2005, 17:08
Dropp:

How very nice that you decide to turn a positive thread into one of bitterness. I suggest you delete the snide remark. I've dealt with many "old AC" employees, and they're as pleasant to the customer as anyone else. I've also had not so nice treatment from one or two CP emplyees in the past. I didn't make the mistake in believing that they were indicative of the way all CP employees behaved.

flyr4hire
30th Jan 2005, 05:09
Dropp the Pilot..........

since you decide to go down this path, let me ask you what reason ANY FORMER CANADIAN employee would have not to be pleasant????????????? Your side went over and stole the farm. Only in Canada hey!!!!!!!!!!!!! would they allow a bankrupt , worthless, company to be taken over, that's right, TAKEN OVER, no MERGER, and then reward all those employees with job security, better pay, and a pension to retire on. So think again before attacking THE ORIGINAL AIR CANADA EMPLOYEES, because you are fortunate to be flying an AIR CANADA aircraft and not a shopping cart at Safeway like you should of been doing, given your attitude. Fortunately for us, you do not represent the majority of your colleagues.:ok:

Little Joe
30th Jan 2005, 13:30
flyr4hire

You sound very bitter. You must be one of the Hilter Youth
that was hired in the late 90's. I'll bet you have an OAC
sticker on your flight bag and your daddy got you the job.
Get over your senority woes no one cares. You're the one that's lucky to be here.
The reason that AC went into CCAA was
because since 1989 their bussiness plan was to put Canadian
out of bussiness. Great plan except AC almost put themselves
out of bussiness. All the new international routes AC is now
starting are from the merger with Canadian. What did you bring
to the merger except for you bitterness and attitude. Grow up and get over it you'll live long.

flyr4hire
31st Jan 2005, 02:34
Hey Little JO-Jo, or should i say YO-YO???????

you can call yourself an AC pilot , but remember you never earned that honour. It was handed to you by Milton. You are all too familiar with handouts and greasing the palms right?????? Once again you've proved who the bitter ones are. Your twisted little world is slowly crumbling around you and you will drive those shopping carts one day. As for my personal situation, I earned my job with AC, no daddy's little boy here, and yes I am an OAC, but i don't have to display it on my bag, it's all in the attitude boy, the one you so desperately lack.

You talk about seniority and what AC brought to the merger???????? What merger are you referring to????????? You again prove my point that your head is so far up your butt you can't see beyond your hole.

I guess your slogan has changed a bit now? No more better dead than red, i guess it's now better RED than DEAD.

Finally, you say get over the seniority problem, nobody cares. Well you keep dreaming, that's what your side wants, let's all have a sing along and be one happy family. NEVER!!!!!!

Cyow
31st Jan 2005, 11:51
LittleJo.

How ironic. The business plan in 1989 that would supposedly put
you Canadi>n pukes out of business has allowed you to rape the OAC of their seniority, salary, lifestyle and dignity and given you an improved career, pension, equipment and so on and so on. Instead of driving a school bus you're now flying the real bus. "Get over it ?" I remember a certain Mitchnik award that you weren't able to get over so don't tell me to get over it.
I suspect the real reason you're bitter is that your beloved blue is gone and the red has survived. It's called a free-market society pal, part and parcel of democracy. Get over it.

mymymy
31st Jan 2005, 13:27
Safety Guy is right....look what this thread has become. Very Sad!!

It's interesting how Dropp the Pilot has become very quiet. Nice trolling and a great thread sabotage.....I guess.

I applaud all AC staff who have bettered KC-10 Driver's travel experiences, regardless of their origins.

3my

Little Joe
1st Feb 2005, 18:57
flyr4hire

Your posting is venting way too much anger. You're never
going to make it to sixty. You should give pilot assistance a call
so you can talk with someone and get the help you need.
Don't worry about me I'm not bitter now that we have Keller.

Come on can't we all just get along. Group hug everyone.

P.S I don't think that you're very nice

flyr4hire
1st Feb 2005, 20:25
Hey little joe.................is that all you can come up with??????????can't find the right words???????? the facts hurt don't they????? You are obviuosly a regional blue puke with the fictious date of hire, even your own CP peers are astonished on how well Keller did for you, they say you never had a hope in hell and the real worry was you pukes being sold out by the senior blue guys, so enjoy your keller number because it won't last long. I will post the results here when the decision is out for all to see how stupid you really are.......as far as the pilot assistance, it sure would be nice to get on a gdip program ( a little paid vacation).....unfortunately all the blue pukes abusing the system takes away from those who really need it, like myself :D ..........and by the way, don't worry too much about my health, spend your energy fighting the jr, you are going to need it you blue puke. I feel better know, this therapy really works. :confused:

flyr4hire........out

Little Joe
2nd Feb 2005, 01:39
Glad that this therapy is working for you. I'm always ready
to help out a fellow Air Canada Pilot since we are now all one
big happy family. By the way I'm not ex regional I'm a senior
blue guy but I have many ex regional friends and yes they did
great with our merger. They're a good bunch of guys and they wanted me to pass along a big THANKS.

Don't worry be happy!!!!!!!

flyr4hire
2nd Feb 2005, 02:44
Well little joe, evidently you can't substantiate anything you said from your initial post and therefore i will not be responding further to your replys.......... I'll have you know that i too am a senior Original Air Canada Pilot and really don't care about the regional guys, they don't affect me, but i will stand up in solidairity to reverse the damage inflicted upon the Original Junior Air Canada Pilots, just like we've done with the CDC money distribution.

jetseat
2nd Feb 2005, 04:15
I sit here and find this all amusing, blue/red bashing.
The only reason AC is still around are the bail outs...plural. I've lost count on how many times the gov't has extended your lives. How many companies have you affected or put out of biz because you don't pay your bills? You guys have not turned a profit for ages. You use the gov'ts money to merge/buyout companies. You must be oh so proud.
C'mon, quite easy to buy anything on credit then don't pay. It's called deliquent on your debts. Nice level playing field, no dimensions, no steady pitch. Can AC go for more than just break even for more than one quarter per year? your stock is now used for birdcage catchings. You guys are the Enron of the skys bash all you want the truth hurts doesn't it.
Make some money, real money, even a loonie then you can brag about who bought who.

flyr4hire
2nd Feb 2005, 13:18
Jetseat, your idiotic remarks don't warrant a response..................fly south you bird

Cyow
2nd Feb 2005, 16:35
Jetseat.

Air Canada bailed out by the government? Did I miss something?
I recall having to pull teeth just to get a few mil$ just after 9/11 and by the way the lowcost gang were offered some help as well. If you are referring to something that happened decades ago, it might have been while AC was still a crown corp. You talk about a level playing field. How about getting rid of the Air Canada Act so we can all be on that same field?
The only beneficiary of your tax dollar that I know of was to Canadian Airlines a couple of times and when that didn't work anymore they forced us to BUY them and all their debt.
Your hatred for your flag carrier seems to be clouding your ability to think clearly. I find this to be a big problem on this forum. Did the medical not go well? Was it the sim evaluation? Or was it the easy part, the interview itself? I guess you'll do just fine where ever you are but please don't spread things that just aren't true.

Little Joe
3rd Feb 2005, 01:34
flyr4hire

"therefore i will not be responding further to your replys.......... I'll have you know that i too am a senior Original Air Canada Pilot"

That you're not responding to my replys would be the first intelligent comment you've made on this forum. As for you
being a senior OAC pilot I doubt anyone that has read your
postings would believe that someone with your immature
mentality would be put in command of an aircraft let alone
be a Capt at Air Canada. Closer to the truth is that you are mentally incapaciated and should not be flying at all. You're one
of the Hitler youth that was hired in the late 90's. If you're
all twisted about this merger how are you going to handle
the next one. Jazz, West Jet, Transat who knows but it's coming.
You'll be a junior F/O for a long time but that does'nt matter
because you'll never make sixty.

I'll have no trouble spotting you in the crew room you'll be the
one with the twisted and bent look on his face with a head that's
about to explode.

FYI the votes are in on the claims distribution, 80% in favour of
EQUAL SHARE. You lost another one. What does this tell you? ?

Get over yourself. No one really cares!!!!!

ehwatezedoing
3rd Feb 2005, 21:24
Soooo pathetic.....

From a nice topic about Air Canada started by KC-10 Driver to a nice highjack done by you guys.

:hmm: