PDA

View Full Version : Ifr App.

ecm
25th Jan 2005, 22:53
I need to know, where can I find information about IFR app.
Once you are on FAF inbound, the WX goes below minimum you continue with the App. up to minimums. How is it called this manuever?:D

Pilot747
25th Jan 2005, 23:43
http://www.whittsflying.com

try this site but ideally you would need an app plate depending on what app u are doing

Tinstaafl
26th Jan 2005, 00:18
Depends on the rules of the country.

AerocatS2A
27th Jan 2005, 12:27
Well, if I understand your question correctly, it's just called an instrument approach. You conduct an approach following the relevant procedure, it doesn't matter if the weather is below the minmums or not. If you get to your Decision Altitude or Minimum Descent Altitude and you do not have the required weather conditions then you conduct a missed approach, otherwise you land.

Unless you are thinking of a circling approach?

A Comfy Chair
27th Jan 2005, 12:48
"You conduct an approach following the relevant procedure, it doesn't matter if the weather is below the minmums or not"

Unless you are in one of these pesky countries with State Approach Bans ;)

I think Instrument Approach as Aerocat has said is what you are after. Although happy to be enlightened if I've misread your question.

AerocatS2A
27th Jan 2005, 12:57
What is this "State Approach ban" of which you speak?

Tinstaafl
27th Jan 2005, 15:57
Approach ban is what I was referring to in my somewhat cryptic comment earlier.

Some States eg UK & US specify that an instrument approach is not to proceed beyond a certain point eg 1000' aal unless the reported wx is at or above that approach's minimum. Usually if you have already passed the specified point then you're allowed to continue anyway.

JeePilot
28th Jan 2005, 08:17
RVR 1200 for Canada, with conditions of course...

If, however, one is past the FAF and the RVR drops below minimums you are allowed to continue the approach.