PDA

View Full Version : Pulsar Info

tonyhalsall
25th Jan 2005, 13:24
Anyone know of a good resource for information on Pulsars??
Seem to be sleek, trailerable and fast - perfect really.
Unless of course - someone knows different??
Thanks

Monocock
25th Jan 2005, 19:47
As nobody else seems to want to reply - I will.

I would say you have made a good choice. In fact the Pulsar is an a/c I very nearly went for about a year ago until I was told about their rareness in the 912 guise. That was the one I wanted.

Find one of those and then you're really talking...

Trouble with the Pulsar is that every seller thinks theirs is worth £30k:bored:

tonyhalsall
26th Jan 2005, 09:01
Thanks Monocock!!

But where did you find out about them? Flight characteristics, performance etc etc.
I have looked at the main US web site but is their a UK based support group or Agency. Do you have to buy kits direct from US?
I wonder what the situation would be about importing a built XP Kit from US - that seems a bit too easy to be possible.

I like the compactness of the design and the fact that it is trailerable and easily rigged/de-rigged.

Tony

Mariner9
26th Jan 2005, 09:49
There's been a Pulsar advertised for sale in Popular Flyer for the last couple of months.

You could get the details of last and preceding months adverts from the PFA website even if you're not a member (current month ads are restricted to members only)

Jodelman
26th Jan 2005, 10:18
Tony

Suggest you read

www.pfa.org.uk/engineering_services/second_hand/second_hand_imported_aircraft.asp

very carefully before committing yourself to importing a homebuilt from the USA.