PDA

View Full Version : Over 60 in Europe

David Wallace
24th Jan 2005, 15:32
Does anyone out there have any information regarding operating as Captain aged over 60 in Europe; this would save me contacting every Civil aviation authority between the Middle East and UK.

I am particularly interested in French restrictions

The Greaser
24th Jan 2005, 15:40
With regards to France and French Airpsace - you cant.

catchup
24th Jan 2005, 16:47
I know about a former LH Commander older than 60, who is/was (?) flying for Hamburg Int'l (D).

regards

BOAC
24th Jan 2005, 17:38
David - as another 'KOS' I take a lot of interest in this. There are a few threads on PPrune about it, if you search. As we understand it, in 2006 'age discrimination' becomes illegal in the EC and if the French continue as they are, THEY will be in breach of EC law, so expect all EC airlines to ignore any 'French Letters' and relish the challenge in the European Courts. There are 'whispers' about at this moment of a pending change in French regs, but nothing yet seen.

Both the IPA and, I believe, BALPA have conducted campaigns to get it changed. There is some confusion as to whether it will go to 63, 65 or UNLIMITED!!:eek:

Better get a plastic Zimmer frame or I won't get through the metal detectors.....................................:D