PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Blake - EGLK FISO

srs what?
24th Jan 2005, 09:07
It is with great sadness that I have to inform those of you who knew him that Gerald Blake, Senior FISO at Blackbushe passed away at 0900 on Sunday 23rd January.

Gerald had been suffering from Terminal Cancer for several years which he fought with what can only be described as great courage and a truly inspirational, positive attitude that even amazed his Doctors.

He will be missed by many and leaves behind a wife and two grown children. Information on the funeral will be posted when known.

Note to Mods - Please allow this to be left in ATC Issues and Private Flying as he was known in both communities.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
24th Jan 2005, 13:33
Although I did not know Gerald, I started my ATC career at Blackbushe so I feel for him and for his family.

God Bless you Gerald; may you and your family be at peace now the suffering is over.

Wee Jock
24th Jan 2005, 17:21
Gerald was a very brave man, God bless him.

VCR
24th Jan 2005, 18:00
I worked with Gerald years back in the 'old' tower at Blackbushe, it was my first 'tower' job and I learnt alot. His old Navy stories certainly brightened up a dreary day!
I had been meaning to visit him many times over the past few years but never got round to it. I wish I had.
Condolences to the Blake family.

srs what?
25th Jan 2005, 17:42
Funeral is to be held at 10:30 on Friday 28th Jan 2005 at Yeovil Crematorium. Family request no flowers.

Sully182
4th Feb 2005, 15:40
I had the pleasure of working with Gerald when I first started out as an AFISO. I then spoke to him frequently whilst working at Fairoaks.

You were a "tower" of strength and an inspiration.

My condolences to geralds family and those at "the bushe"

Paul O'Sullivan

Talkdownman
10th Feb 2005, 22:56
Very distressing, especially having worked side-by-side with Gerry at the 'Bushe for over 15 years, then only to end up on the wrong side of the world when the time came and therefore unable to pay last respects, which I so wanted to do. It was a great privilege knowing and working with Gerry, and to be called 'pal'. He will be sorely missed at Blackbushe, and down at 'The Waggon'. Sincere condolences to Jan, Scott, Anne-Marie and family.

If anyone wishes to make a donation to the Oncology Unit at Yeovil District Hospital in memory of Gerry then please PM me, or 'srs what?', for details.