PDA

View Full Version : Arora International Hotel at Heathrow and Gatwick

shon7
21st Jan 2005, 07:35
I read recently that Arora International Hotel was designed specifically for Airline Crews? Can anyone who has stayed at either hotel share the experience? What services/amenities do they offer where they can advertise the hotel as catering specifically to Airline Crews? Or is it just the location?

Re-Heat
21st Jan 2005, 07:58
I believe the venture was started by a former BA employee, who subsequently sold - or perhaps sold all the room availability - to BA. Apart from the triple glazing and location, I don't think there is anything else to cater for crews, other than the lack of businessmen?

phoenix son
21st Jan 2005, 08:05
Re-heat, Shon,

I think that's basically the story, as I understand it the hotel at LHR was built specifically for crew layovers (When it first opened it had the BA "Speedwing" or whatever the latest version is known as on the building). Stayed in it a couple of times soon after it was built, quite a nice hotel, nothing out of the ordinary but not bad at all...

PHX

behind_the_second_midland
21st Jan 2005, 08:45
Why do you want to know?

Also the owner never worked for BA although at least one of the senior execs did.

nwaflygirl
21st Jan 2005, 19:15
This is our layover hotel also. Have never seen any people other than flight crew.

normal_nigel
22nd Jan 2005, 16:37
Be careful of people enquiring as to where crew slip etc, for a number of reasons not least Channel 4 types in the bar.

keel beam
22nd Jan 2005, 17:14
You will probably find an engineer or two from other BA stations staying whilst on a course.

HZ123
24th Jan 2005, 09:45
All sorts stay there from other companies that BA deal with throughout the network. As foor trouble our crews create enough of their own if you speak to the hotel manager.