PDA

View Full Version : Tony Penny

KaptainKangaroo
1st Dec 2000, 04:44
He still around?

What ever happened to Clair? I heard she got canned.

roostertail
1st Dec 2000, 06:23
Yep, he's still around and by all accounts doing a great job. Pretty busy at the moment with so many new recruits coming in in the next couple of years.

middlemarker
1st Dec 2000, 09:18
A Question ?

Tony is ment to be busy with all these knew recruits and from everything else that I hear with the boom of employment in CX would back that up.

But!!!!

I have heard that out of the last round of interviews (approx 40 applicants) thay only took 3 poeple and u cant seriuosly tell me that the other 37 just weren't good enough

so what is the truth are thay hirering a heap of poeple or not.

boeingbus
1st Dec 2000, 10:17
hey if you know they took 3 guys, what where there experience levels???

rumour has it they will need at least 200 SO's next year to fill the machines on order, plus any leaver's!!!

does anyone have anything else?? i.e. next time TP will be in OZ??

roostertail
1st Dec 2000, 11:32
Around 250 pilots each year for the next two years.

4 out of the last 36 applicants interviewed in Hong Kong were offered positions.

Read in to that whatever you like, they are the facts.

EX HARBOUR DOOD
1st Dec 2000, 14:41
I think Clair was last seen on top of an apartment roof doing things with a guy known to have a "BIG ORGAN".
Dave is such a lovely guy.

Minima
1st Dec 2000, 15:17
Tony Penny's name was mentioned on the letter that I got with the Cathay application form and the PRN.I am supposed to contact him for "further inquiries regarding my application".I called him and he said that he could'nt tell me when I would be interviewed even by checking with my PRN.So much for the help.He asked me to wait for a telephone call in the future.Is there any other way to find out the outcome of one's application?

Checked1000
2nd Dec 2000, 02:47
Ex Harbour Dood I'm remember those days, where is "DAVE" now ? Basing or moved on ?

surfsup
3rd Dec 2000, 03:39
Minima, be patient. The way the hiring is going you won't be waiting long for initial interview.

wishtobeapilot
3rd Dec 2000, 08:28
Only 4 out of 36 applicants were accepted for S/O?! Is that statistics for direct application for a Second Officer or their cadet pilot program?

nudger
4th Dec 2000, 06:17
Big O is on his was to N.A. and USAB shortly!

roostertail
4th Dec 2000, 17:48
That's 4 out of 36 direct entry applicants.

KaptainKangaroo
5th Dec 2000, 03:16
Quick question for you CX guys, do you recommend a trip to Hong Kong to "express interests" in working for cathay?

Does Tony Penny frown on this kind of "uninvited" visit?

Thanks

Kubota
5th Dec 2000, 03:48
Wouldn't say it's a "recommended" thing to do, but hey, if you really have $1000 to blow on a HKG-LAX-HKG ticket, go for it!

A few years ago, two blokes came out from the USA (uninvited) for the same reason...about a year later, one was hired, the other not. Did it increase either's chances? Probably not.

Minima
5th Dec 2000, 15:38
Anybody got Tony Penny's e-mail address?

Kubota
5th Dec 2000, 19:17
[email protected]