PDA

View Full Version : BHD ATC thanks!

4props
18th Jan 2005, 06:59
A big thank you for Belfast City ATC who stayed open til almost midnight last night clearing the runway for 1 a/c...us! We were already into discretion..tired and not looking forward to a Div. sleeping in my own bed tonight & extra day off too...can't be all that bad.
Again thanks Belfast!

Mike

Tower Ranger
20th Jan 2005, 09:00
Thanks 4Props,
Atc at City will always try to stay open for all our delayed flights but often the decision is out of our hands. On behalf of the rest of the guys thanks for taking the time to post. TR

keepitlit
20th Jan 2005, 12:45
Excellent job:ok:

Done it for us a few times as well.

Lot of beer tokens but you still havent got a night organised yet!

Rgds K.I.L.

EGAC_Ramper
20th Jan 2005, 13:30
There are others that have to stay on too ya know:rolleyes: :hmm:

Regards lol:ok:

eastern wiseguy
20th Jan 2005, 21:46
And we are ALWAYS there......fly BFS

PPRuNe Radar
20th Jan 2005, 22:57
Is there an airport at Berry Head then ?? ;)

Kestrel_909
21st Jan 2005, 00:10
Is there an airport at Berry Head then ?

I wondered how long it would be before I saw that question :p

Here, have a virtual fiver.

Gonzo
21st Jan 2005, 00:26
We were all thinking it, someone had to say it!

ALLMCC
21st Jan 2005, 10:02
"is there an airport at Berry Head then"

Is there even an "airport" at BFS then?

Noticed BHD open until around the same time last evening to allow last LHR to land - a lot of grateful crew/passengers, no doubt!

eastern wiseguy
21st Jan 2005, 12:21
Allmcc........

BELFAST CITY

Belfast City is also one of only four airports in the EU designated as a 'city airport' in EU Directive 2002/30/EC, which potentially allows the imposition of more stringent noise-related operating restrictions than at other airports in the EU, if desired

BELFAST INTERNATIONAL

It has adequate space within the airport boundary to serve the whole of the forecast demand and well beyond. We therefore support the development of the airport within the existing airport boundaries to serve the forecast passenger and freight demand in full

NEW SERVICES

BELFAST INTERNATIONAL......... ......... BELFAST CITY

ROME........................................ .......... NORWICH

BERLIN ..................................... .......... ERRRRRRR

GENEVA .................................... ...........UMMMMM

CORK :E .................................... ............THATS IT

BRIDGETOWN

NEW YORK

INVERNESS

and more to come

Now get back to sorting out your spotting jotters and pressing your anorak !!

Kestrel_909
21st Jan 2005, 13:09
Aww come on Eastern, you forgot Liverpool from City:p

Then again, you forgot Bournemouth, Barcelona, Palma, Malaga, Nice, Paris CDG, Alicante, Manston from our international airport.....:E :ok:

EGAC_Ramper
21st Jan 2005, 13:26
Lol cat fight!! :ok: You forgot Aberdeen to from the City.Only 3 weeks of that dump left!! woohoo:ok:

Seriously though it is going downhill....:mad:

ALLMCC
21st Jan 2005, 14:03
Eastern, you forgot to include Bournemouth in your list (should be a roaring success that one, not) - as for Inverness & Manston, well no comment! - perhaps we should revisit your list in say 6 months and see how many of these new routes have actually got off the ground - mind you, you'll need them to replace the ones that I hear you could well be losing in the coming months - here's a few clues - MAN, MME, NEMA, ABZ......

You'd best hope that passenger cap at BHD doesn't get lifted!

eastern wiseguy
21st Jan 2005, 14:08
you forgot Liverpool from City

Actually CHRIS ...I didn't....I just like to leave the guy a little to come back with ...THEN I remind him!!!:E

Allmcc

I hear you could well be losing in the coming months - here's a few pointers - MAN, MME, NEMA, ABZ

you hearing things ...well doesn't surprise me....you have been hearing things for ages... time to check your medication? ...as for which will be running in six months ...all I can say is I have noticed a serious increase in Air Transport movements and any flight I have been on from here is doing well ....Time will tell ...

As for the passenger cap ...you told us a few months ago that it was definite ...now it's IF!! Well we live in awed anticipation of your next prognostication.

I will let you go back to your IMPORTANT STUDIES (http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/eastanglia/eastanglia/map/mapindex.php)

Kestrel_909
21st Jan 2005, 15:17
Actually CHRIS

Damn you've blown my cover dude, well to those who haven't noticed the name from the homepage anyway:{

Now, where shall we go on holidays this year Eastern, spoilt for choice really, shall we go to New York, Barbados, Spain, France, Germany....:p

Leslie,
It'll be a long three weeks, can I come visit in July, hear Oxford is quite nice that time of year.

So if we lose NEMA, MME, MAN, just leaves more room for other profitable airlines to come in:ok:

scolgan
21st Jan 2005, 17:28
Do Aer Arann still fly to Belfast?

EGAC_Ramper
21st Jan 2005, 18:03
Yes they do into BHD from Cork.If teir planes are operational that is....:hmm:

PPRuNe Radar
21st Jan 2005, 21:18
PS ... this is the ATC Forum.

Routes, airlines, airports and aircaft can be discussed freely ......

HERE !! ;-) (http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=85)

controller friendly
22nd Jan 2005, 23:55
Aww...am i not allowed to ask kil where the beer is for the ones that approve the left turns..continuous climb..direct routeings....?

Or...will you be allowed out to buy it...?:)