PDA

View Full Version : AAIB Monthly Bulletins - New Format

Circuit Basher
17th Jan 2005, 13:20
The Jan 05 AAIB Report (http://www.aaib.gov.uk/sites/aaib/publications/bulletins/january_2005.cfm) has been released over the last couple of days and the format of this has been changed to be presented as a summary page (containing aircraft types and registrations only) with hyperlinks to individual incident pages which then contain hyperlinks to PDF files containing the accident report.

The previous format used to be a summary page with hyperlinks to HTML pages that contained the accident information (with the option of downloading a PDF / Word file).

It is now much more time consuming to read the monthly reports and I would view this as a negative step. Before I go in with my Size 9s to the AAIB, would any of the more educated readers of this forum agree with what I'm saying (or are there any lurkers with good contacts in the AAIB who may wish to email me their comments if they are not permitted to post here??!!) :D

robin
17th Jan 2005, 13:30
I totally agree with you.

The problem is about user interface. When you look at the list in the first instance you need a good idea if it is worth investing in the time to go into more detail.

Most of the GA accidents have very little to say, but you won't know that until you hit the hyperlink.

I would suggest to the powers-that-be that they either return to the previous format, or put more detail or a summary on the initial list

Circuit Basher
11th Feb 2005, 15:50
The February AAIB Report (http://www.aaib.gov.uk/publications/bulletins/february_2005.cfm) has now been issued and is a significant improvement on the Jan 05 format. Each occurrence now has the summary included as part of the general overview and does not require the PDF file to be downloaded to see the overview of the occurrence. There is also a single consolidated monthly bulletin PDF file that can be downloaded.

A great improvement on the January issue and congratulations to the AAIB (if not to many of the drivers / LAMEs featuring in the report)! :D