PDA

View Full Version : Get Well Soon

terryJones
17th Jan 2005, 11:07
I know that the Pink Headset thread started some controversy in the past, but I am sure that EVERYONE will want to forget this, and join in wishing Pinky a safe and speedy recovery.
She was rushed the 80 miles into hospital on Friday, and at this moment there is little information available. Enclosed is a copy of a posting from her own forum site:-
Re: SAD NEWS
« Reply #15 on: Jan 15th, 2005, 8:29pm » Quote Modify
Yes I have just got back from seeing Suzanne, the story is as Tacan describes - she was in excruciating pain, yesterday was spent being tested and trying to get her pain under control, she is pretty well morphined up to as much as she can have unfortunately it isn't alleviationg all of the pain. yesterdays tests showed a suspicious shadow on her liver and the plan was to keep working on the pain over the weekend and do a CAT scan on Monday. However her pain was very bad this morning and so she was scanned this am - there has been bleeding into her liver and a growth of about the size of a golf ball, the doctors are hopeful that this may be benign though will not know until she is operated on. The scan also showed that the bleeding may be slowing down and clotting and if so over the next few days her pain may start to fade. If her condition does not improve or deteriorates further then she will be going to tne national liver centre to be operated on sooner. So it is just a wait and see....
TT is arriving tomorrow with possibly Suzannes sister to help. If there is news I will post it......if I don't post it is most likely no change in her situation. Despite the horrendous circumstances there were the occasional flashes of Suzannes spirit, though even the feeblest of laughs made her feel worse! I did pass on everyones best wishes to her and printed out the messages, she wasn't up to reading them herself but hopefully she will soon.
Can I also respectfully request that the MODS do not move this into JB, although I admit this has even less to do with aviation than the original thread.
TJ

High Wing Drifter
17th Jan 2005, 12:11
Awful news indeed! Let's hope it isn't as serious as it appears. Here's wishing Pink a speedy recovery.

Taildragger55
17th Jan 2005, 12:57
Best wishes for a quick recovery.

td

Whirlybird
17th Jan 2005, 12:59
Please tell my pink friend I'm thinking of her, and I hope it's not too serious and that she gets well soon.

And may I second the request to the moderators to leave this thread here for a bit...we'll all have read it and it'll drop to page 2 fairly soon I suspect, so why not?

BRL
17th Jan 2005, 13:07
Indeed.

Best wishes Suze for a quick recovery. :)

WestWind1950
17th Jan 2005, 13:20
Actually we Pinkster Fans had hoped to keep the news a bit more "private" (if that's at all possible on the internet). But the good wishes will be passed on....

We are all keeping our fingers crossed....

Westy

Phoenix09
17th Jan 2005, 14:18
I am sure that Suzanne will be grateful for all your best wishes.

Updates to her condition will be posted, as they become available, on Pinkster's World.

All our thoughts are with her and her family.

TheKentishFledgling
17th Jan 2005, 15:31
All comments echoed. Please pass on my best.

tKF

finfly1
17th Jan 2005, 18:05
Thanks to the mods, and best wishes for a speedy recovery in the highlands.

Wide-Body
17th Jan 2005, 19:27
Suzanne

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Will be waiting to get you into a flying suit again on you return

Love

Wide

xx

Papa Charlie
17th Jan 2005, 20:26
Dear Pinky,

Hang in there; we're rooting for you.

P_C
x

avidflyer
17th Jan 2005, 20:48
I derived many hours of enjoyment from the Pink thread, coming as it did around the time I was still a student PPL and I 'm very sorry to hear that the star herself is so unwell....please pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery also.

bar shaker
17th Jan 2005, 20:52
Its gonna be a big thread but can I add my wishes that The Pink One gets well soon.

bs

stiknruda
17th Jan 2005, 21:51
I never spoke very highly of the Pinkster on Pprune, but I truly hate the idea of her suffering!

Suzanne, I genuinely wish you a speedy recovery!

(Heh - I could take you upside down when you are better!)

Stik

down&out
18th Jan 2005, 00:36
Pinky

You remember we met at Teddington station. Well I'd like you to know Mrs D&O (to-be, yep we're now engaged) & I are thinking of you. We hope you get better really quick and are soon ready to jump back into the air:D

charlie-india-mike
18th Jan 2005, 12:43
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Pinkey

C-I-M

DX Wombat
18th Jan 2005, 17:14
I would just like to add my good wishes too. Hope to catch up with you later in the year. :ok:

DX Wombat
22nd Jan 2005, 07:34
Bluebird 121 tried to get in here from Chat last night to post her best wishes for a speedy recovery but was unable to do so. Would somebody please be kind enough to pass them on for her? :)

ToryBoy
22nd Jan 2005, 16:40
Get Better Soon

:E
TB

Circuit Basher
24th Jan 2005, 23:19
For anyone who hasn't been avidly following the thread on the Pinkster own site, she got out of hospital today to recover in her Pink Castle by the sea. She's still got a lot of recovering (and hospital testing) to go, but at least she's on the mend (hopefully).

Hard copies of this thread were taken into hospital for her and she was deeply touched by the best wishes.

WestWind1950
25th Jan 2005, 05:43
funny, the posting that I wrote just after TB's was again deleted... I can't believe it :(

a sad and disappointed Westy

P.S. actually, it's not funny .....

GET WELL SOON PINKSTER!!!

bluebird121
27th Jan 2005, 19:24
:ok: may i also please add my very best wishes for pink avaitor's
speedy recovery. i wish her well..:ok:

Maxflyer
11th Feb 2005, 18:36
Do we know if she's any better?

Gertrude the Wombat
11th Feb 2005, 19:16
Better than when she was rushed into hospital, yes. For full details see the forums here (http://www.pinkaviator.com/).

BEagle
2nd Mar 2005, 16:10
Her Pinkness had her operation on Monday in Edinburgh - we're waiting for confirmation from friends, but all seems to have gone OK, fingers crossed.

For those kind enough to have sent her their best wishes, the latest information can be found here:

http://www.pinkaviator.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Pinkstersdiary

bluebird121
3rd Mar 2005, 10:42
:D i tried to post a thread in pinksters world but i have forgotten my password so could someone please send my best wishes for a speedy recovery..as my daughter is a nurse i understand a lot of the procedures involved..but it is marvellous what can be achieved nowadays..keep your chip up..Pinkster..!!:ok: :ok:

bluebird121
3rd Mar 2005, 10:44
:D i have just received my password so will now post a thread in Pinkster's World too..:ok: :ok: