PDA

View Full Version : Who runs ATC at Belfast City Airport

honeybun
15th Jan 2005, 22:22
Any ideas?

Just wondering, what agency runs ATC at Belfast City Airport?
I don't think it is NATS.

Answer required urgently to settle an argument!!!!

:p

Standard Noise
15th Jan 2005, 22:50
ATC at the City is "in house".

honeybun
15th Jan 2005, 22:56
So if I wanted a job there, do I just write to the boss?

Do they train from scratch or do you need experience to work there?

Standard Noise
16th Jan 2005, 08:47
Unless you already work for the airport and get the chance to train internally, you will need ADC/APP ratings at least before you'd be considered. Rad would be a dream come true for them as there's not many about with RAD willing to move over from the mainland.

Pay scales are decently healthy and it's not that expensive to live.
Good bunch to work with, but a bruising roster unless drastic measures have been taken in the last 2 years. Always the possibility for an out-sourcing to NATS but the success of the Bristol/NATS bid could have a bearing either way.
There used to be a policy of only recruiting from an advert (either in flight or on their website) due to HR being scared of employment law (unlike everyone else over here on the mainland).
But it can't hurt to write and show interest, at least they might let you know when they'll be recruiting again.

PM me your email address for a contact name.

Tower Ranger
16th Jan 2005, 09:54
Hi Standard, how many of the last 11 atco`s taken on by BCA had all the ratings??
Two mate, you and I!! Thats 11 Atco`s in seven years plus the 5 that left in the couple of years before that. For somewhere with 12 Atco`s thats a fair turnover!!

Standard Noise
16th Jan 2005, 23:14
Oh come on TR, you know me, modest to the last. Mind you, they don't make 'em like us anymore.:ok:
And anyway, I know that you're blissfully happy.
Aren't you?
Fancy the sunny South west yet?:p

Timed~Out
17th Jan 2005, 17:33
Honeybun - unless you are originally a local and are desperate to return - I would suggest you think very hard about coming to work in BCA. We work in a factory environment run by ex-factory managers and at times there is a less than pleasant atmosphere:*

In the event of EGAA ever recuiting externally I can think of at least 5 controllers that would be very interested. We have been told in the past that if we don`t like it - leave!!:confused: A simpler solution to bad morale would be to try and find out what is causing it:hmm:

Tower Ranger
18th Jan 2005, 10:01
Time Doubt --- Don`t be silly that would involve asking for some input or opinion from the staff, that would never do!! Why would the company want to benefit from your experiences after all your not employed to have an opinion.
Anyway I can`t believe you`re being so negative about the place, it`s just like being back at school and you must remember how much fun that was--------- queueing at the tuck shop, milk monitors, teachers pet, playground bully ------------- or was that just last week?

Standard --- Getting girls to PM you their Email address! Good work fella!

Standard Noise
18th Jan 2005, 11:43
Well, you've either got it or you ain't!

Now, as long as she doesn't see a photo of me.....:ok:

Legs11
18th Jan 2005, 12:06
I'm telling Mrs Noise:}

EGAC_Ramper
19th Jan 2005, 23:27
So the ATCO's at BHD arn't happy either!! Seems like the all of BHD is P%**ed off!!:mad: Apart from Aviance management and Ferrovial.

Regards:ok: