PDA

View Full Version : Titles in Arabic

guybrush
15th Jan 2005, 20:34
Hello all!

I know this sounds strange, and I am sorry if it is in the wrong forum. I think this is the best suited forum since all the professionals are here.

My question is: what are the flight deck titles in Arabic? I know captain is captain (or for those Arabs who like to stick to Arabic it's ruban). I also know that co-pilot would be musa3d tayar. But what are First Officer, Second Officer, Flight Dispatcher, Chief Pilot and any other title you could think of.

Although I am not a pilot, I wish to become one (don't we all :rolleyes: ). If I ever am a pilot I will have to introduce my title to my family in Arabic since many of them would not understand the titles in English.

I woud prefer replies from those who are in the airline bussiness only.

Thanx:ok:
guybrush

Smurfjet
16th Jan 2005, 00:17
I'd say F/O is same as co-pilot and S/O would be same as flight Engineer = mouhandis tayyar?

guybrush
16th Jan 2005, 00:29
smurfjet,

No I think Mouhandis Tayar would be a double tilte ie an Engineer and Pilot. As you most probably know, in the ME you are titled Engineer once you graduate from Engineering. So Mouhandis Tayar could be a pilot with a BEng.

Guys if you don't know please don't post.

guybrush:ok:

mutt
16th Jan 2005, 05:01
Guys if you don't know please don't post.

What an extremely friendly attitude............... :(:(

Mutt.

Maverick
16th Jan 2005, 09:47
guys,
this guy seems serious and wants to be able to talk to someone in the right colloquial. Hence, I think he just wants serious replies..not casual ones...he's not being rude...
atleast I hope NOT....
Cheers!
Mav.

guybrush
16th Jan 2005, 11:10
Mutt,

Sorry for sounding rude, I did not mean it.:O

It's very difficult to express your mind with mere words. But as Maverick said, I would like to have information from a person who really knows the titles in Arabic.

Cheers:ok:
guybrush

SV_741_India_Bravo
16th Jan 2005, 15:36
here you go:

Captain----captain(pronunciated Kabten) or Tayyar

Co Pilot----Mosa'id Tayyar

Engineer---Mohandis

Flight Engineer---Mohandis Javvi

Aircraft----Taira

Airport---Matar

Runway---Madraj

Tower---Burj al Muraqba

Steward--Mudayyif

Stewardess--Mudayyifa

Anything else?

mutt
16th Jan 2005, 16:57
Co-pilot = tayyar awal

2nd pilot = tayyar thani

Flight Engineer = mohandis joie (sp?)

The term Mosa'id Tayyar translates to "captains helper", Dabit Thani would be more suitable to the military.

Mutt.