PDA

View Full Version : Another success story ???

Numpo-Nigit
7th Sep 2000, 23:51
Normally reliable sources at LATCC have been saying that there are major problems in incorporating the software needed for RVSM (Reduced Vertical Separation Minima) into HCS (the main LATCC computer). Management are never-the-less confident of success within the required timescale (where have I heard that before?). However, if it is not ready for our vast amount of RVSM training (one whole day each) which starts in early January, the target date of April for RVSM implementation will be in doubt. If April is missed, the next realistic option for RVSM is October 2001. That will almost inevitably mean a one-year delay to OCT (Operational Conversion Training) for Swanwick, and a delay for O-date into early 2003. No wonder they haven't opened the "relocation window" for prospective house moves yet! I wonder what else will creep out from under a stone to cause havoc to the published timescales.

Shazbat
9th Sep 2000, 06:24
Criley, I am SHOCKED Numpo......you mean you don't believe your trusty, on-the-ball, completely trustworthy management ?