PDA

View Full Version : NATS and telephones...

Self Loading Freight
7th Sep 2000, 15:34
I notice elsewhere that BT Defence is the contractor for NATS telecommunications.

Does this include providing the telephone system in between sites, and between sites and the outside world? If so, is there a per-minute call cost and what is it?

R

Roger That
7th Sep 2000, 21:37
SLF,

Given the size of the NATS contract, it is subject to tender (European journal etc). Publishing such details (which are freely available to NATS staff if they know where to look) may well place NATS, and their current supplier, at somewhat of a dis-advantage for future tendering arrangements and may also breach their joint conditions of contract.

Perhaps if you were to explain your interest (i.e. whether of a professional or commercial interest) then you may get more.

Roger

Self Loading Freight
8th Sep 2000, 18:08
I'm interested as a journalist who writes about telecommunications. I've just discovered the existence of Inca/BT Defence and the fact it has many significant contracts with government agencies, and I'm curious as to whether those contracts are performing well for the users and whether they're providing value for money to the taxpayer.

There is some anecdotal evidence to the contrary. I'd like to know more.

R