PDA

View Full Version : Tips & Tricks...!?

Marcel_MPH
9th Jan 2005, 23:07
I got the impression some tricky games are played out in the world of flying. Recently a pilot told me about changing your fp with you primary destination being the alternated and so gain precedence in front of other planes when declaring to go to the alternate.

I was wondering if some of these tricks can be unveiled.....

ecj
11th Jan 2005, 10:21
ATC handle traffic in a safe, orderly, and expeditious manner.

Unless you notify ATC that you have a problem by making a PAN/MAYDAY call, requiring expeditious handling, usually it will be first come first serve.

Old Smokey
12th Jan 2005, 01:14
Another Tip and Trick I learned when my airline loaned me to a recently acquired subsidiary - Always understate your endurance by 60 minutes, that way ATC will think you're low on fuel and give you priority. My response - "Oh that's good, one day if you do go down, that will reduce the search radius to your fuel exhaustion point by several hundred miles".

We've still got a lot of amateurs out there pretending to be professionals.

Old Grumpy (previously known as Old Smokey)

Darkjet
12th Jan 2005, 15:44
A few years ago I was an F/O flying charters flights mainly to Greece, and to avoid delay due to CTOT restriction at destination, the company started to change the destination with the alternate !
Then approaching the destination request was made to proceed to the alternate which was in fact the destination !!!
Worked for a couple of month, then ATC filed a report and the company did stop !
I have to say it wasn't a great feeling for us !!

cheers .

Dj.