PDA

View Full Version : SRG-bashing; do they deserve it?

get'em to heaven & back
1st Sep 2000, 05:53
This thread follows on from the one about 5 watch systems and are they SRATCOH compliant.

Data Dad:- .. "By the way, for all SRG bashers "WE" are also a NATS unit!"

not too sure what you mean by that (who is we?) but as for SRG-bashing, I'm a firm believer in only bashing those who deserve it- and in this case, SRG accepting that ATCOs may bust SRATCOH in order to get Management out of a hole, is as good an excuse as any for SRG-bashing. We work in an environment where our operational hours are strictly regulated for very good reasons. I have heard of SRG members being shocked at the very possibility of SRATCOH being broken to accomodate overtime and also heard a senior member of management say that SRG are happy for it to happen as it is a necessity in order to keep airlines happy. Smacks of commercial pressure to me! I'm sorry, but you can't have it both ways- either we run with an operational requirement with no slack in the system to cover absences or you run slightly top heavy to allow coverage when it is required. And of course you can't have the second option as it costs too much with infrequent tangible benfit- commercial pressure etc etc etc....

Shazbat
1st Sep 2000, 17:39
HERE HERE !!!!!!!!!!

It seems all that NATS have to do is snap it's fingers and SRG comply.

It is totally UNprofessional of SRG to even CONSIDER allowing controllers - who are already vastly overworked - to work any more than their duty hours.

Moreover, it is totally UNprofessional of NATS to even ask for this dispensation.

Safety ?????? Take the hindpost, like the devil......until he comes to take his dues !!!!!!!

passepartout
3rd Sep 2000, 04:28
with privitisation looming SRG require more teeth and the freedom to use them...unfortunatley I believe,PPP, will mean "commercially aware" will translate as "commercially sub-servient"

get'em to heaven & back
4th Sep 2000, 23:11
me thinks it already does

Flybywyre
7th Sep 2000, 00:16
Me thinks you ain't seen nothing yet....
Wait till post PPP and managers / co-ordinators from outside are brought in.

FBW