View Full Version : Did you get YOUR card from The AG?!?

Bright-Ling
28th Jul 2001, 19:22
Well, well.

How much did it cost to send this out telling us the inevitable? Can't believe they sent this to everyone AT HOME!!

For those who haven't seen it, it has a message from the new CEO - Richard Everitt inside. Basically saying please support the PPP as it is done and dusted.

By far the funniest bit is the cover. Lots of smiling faces of people, some with headsets on, and the phrase:

"Cleared Take-off"

Shouldn't it be "Cleared FOR Take-off"!!!!!

Nice one TAG. You obvously know what we do!!

BEXIL160
28th Jul 2001, 22:08
Yes, got my card and no overly impressed, BUT....I hate to be the one to say this, Give the AG a chance.

There's nothing to lose now and possibly much to be gained. For years the major complaint has been lack of communication between NATS "management" (I use the word in it's loosest possible sense) and it's long suffering operational staff.

For my part I sincerely hope that the Airline Group identify those managers who have incompetently lead us to where we are now, and dismiss them, quickly and publicly. Perhaps then we can move forward, constructively. In my opinion NATS is FULL of people who are extremely professional and have a lot to contribute. Given the current and recent management this was never going to happen. Perhaps it will now.

At least Richard has started off being honest and pragmatic. See todays Daily Telegraph front page, where he doesn't pull any punches. Would NATS have been so open and honest, particularly with such bad news? I don't think so.
http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/07/28/nhol28.xml

To the future,
Rgds BEX

Bright-Ling
28th Jul 2001, 22:58
Here here.

Hopefully, we can use PPP as a way of getting rid of the rubbish that has brought this compnay down over the last generation.

Let's face it........"Things Can Only Get Better!"

(Oh my God - sound like Crony Blair now!)

Justin A Beaver
29th Jul 2001, 00:18
Bright and Bex, I hope that the staff can ensure that NATS remains the safest ATC company in the world. I like you, worry at the management that has lead us so far. I think that there will be wholesale changes, some good, some not so good.

Overall the staff at the front line have done this country proud, long may it continue!

Bright-Ling
29th Jul 2001, 01:40
Here, Here (2) !!

This company has existed for far too long on the 'good will' of its employees - including Eng, ATSA's and controllers.

I shall be the eternal optimist for a little while longer.

It's a Joke
29th Jul 2001, 03:08
Amen to all that !!!!!!!

Let's just hope the Airline Group realises where it's best assets are......

.......and gets rid of the liars !!!!!!!!

Edited for grammar........cuz I'm fick

[ 28 July 2001: Message edited by: It's a Joke ]

mysteryman
29th Jul 2001, 22:30
If we had known about this mail drop
we should have sent them back with
return to idiot
on the front

And again How Much Did This Cost ?
and we didn't get our bonus
For Shame Nats Management For Shame :(

crowman
30th Jul 2001, 01:10
It was good to see that on the day I received my pretty card from "Kenny" Everitt he came round LATCC to meet the workers [last Friday]. It was suggested to him that he meet with 12 or so controllers without his minder Cheese and Ham. He suggested that this would be possible. If it happens maybe we should give them a chance. Hopefully SOMEONE will tell them what has really been going on!!!

Snooze Vortex
31st Jul 2001, 00:12
;) I agree with Bex et al.: let us give TAG a chance.

They did not have to offer any olive branch of 2% + 1%, yet an effort was made. Whilst I am as cynical as the rest of you, and take a hard line as to the size of our next pay claim, I do feel it's unfair to hold the faults of the present idiots against the new owners. Let's see if the charm offensive is just words, or if it will be backed up with deeds.

Equally, if they keep Cheese & Ham for too long they are going to find staff relations will become very tense!

Good luck TAG; you are damn well going to need it!!!!

[ 30 July 2001: Message edited by: Snooze Vortex ]