PDA

View Full Version : CX and KA Merge??

BankAngle50
7th Jan 2005, 10:40
OK, this may be a load of ****e;
Is there any truth that CX may be planning to buy KA and use it launch its low cost division? Is any merger/acquisition on the cards? I hear stuff like this on the grape vine, so what’s the story?
:confused:

cpdude
7th Jan 2005, 13:58
Done deal...LCC Dragon Air begins March 01 with new low fares and reduced salaries. :E :E :E :E :E :E :E :E :E

Never happen...Cathay just likes to have eggs in more than one basket so ownership shares could increase but the end result should be no change! IMHO

Flying Bagel
7th Jan 2005, 20:40
I know of some folks who will come and find you to sort you out rather quickly, Bankangle, after mentioning something like that. ;)

Is it possible? Well, anything is possible, really. Is it going to happen, however? Well, I'd bet more on CX buying Valuair than KA if that's the case...

peanutz
8th Jan 2005, 14:23
It is an interesting subject though.
I have heard that the more likely thing is that KA buy CX.
(through its various channels)
I would say that because KA now operate some CX routes and with more to come, it would only make sense. I believe CX see KA as a major threat, so they would welcome the merge.
Lets see what happens!!!

404 Titan
8th Jan 2005, 15:32
Personally I don’t see anyone buying each other out. I can see CX and KA working closer together to head off the LCC challenge. As for CX seeing KA as a threat, don’t think so, after all which airline took CX to court over the right to fly back into China. For the record competition is good and keeps each on their toes and there isn’t a worthier competitor for CX than KA. Both are great airlines.