PDA

View Full Version : AC recalls

yyzdub
4th Jan 2005, 12:40
Just was interested to see if there's any truth to a recent rumour I've heard that AC has begun the recall of its furloughed pilots and will have all recalled by years end with New hire courses begining in 2006.

yyzdub

breguet
4th Jan 2005, 14:18
Yes, recall letters have been sent and, if memory serves well, for 11 pilots only for now the rest to follow very slowly for now.:ok:

As far as new hires courses are concerned, there will be none for the foreseable future.:{

meaw
4th Jan 2005, 16:19
Yes indeed the recall has started with 2 courses in January for 11 pilots: 7 B767RP's and 4 CL65 F/O's all based in YYZ.

I believe that it would have been more in January but because the results of bid 04-02 will not be known for another week or so that it complicates whre to train who from recalls until the results are posted.

This last bid still leaves 60 or so pilots on the street but we are told that the next bid will see everybody back so I think it is reasonable to say all will be back within the year.As far as hiring goes there is absolutely no word on that but you can speculate that once everyone is back you are only a stones throw away from that!

I am optimistic about all this as we are very short staffed.Most pilot group in the company are flying close to the max hours and crew sked calls regularly for drafts (the answer is always no)

Keep the faith

lead zeppelin
5th Jan 2005, 13:45
I've heard Jazz is recalling all, and needs about 38 more pilots. Shuffling bases, London, Victoria Quebec dead, but expanding Toronto and Montreal.

R8TED THRUST
6th Jan 2005, 02:26
I heard Air Canada is recalling 12 pilots a month and this may increase towards the summer Sched.

meaw
17th Jan 2005, 13:13
20 more recalls for FEbruary 21st

CL65 F/O's and B767 RP's

Could accelerate as we are desperately short......getting called for drafts almost every day off......

Rosbif
17th Jan 2005, 13:20
Do Air Canada pilots work on days off, if asked? I would think that their furloughed colleages might find the practice objectionable.

meaw
19th Jan 2005, 14:03
Rosbif,

You do have the option of working on your days off(draft) and make some extra money.

It is allowed in the contract that ACPA has with the company.
That being said the overwhelming majority of guys do not accept them while others are laid off......But as in any situation there are a few short sighted, uncaring guys who accept them but they are a minority and are not anywhere near enough to cover the current shortage.......wich is great and means we can bring back the furloughs ASAP

Everybody knows who they are though and we will always remember who the backstabbers are.

Canadian Beech
19th Jan 2005, 18:09
Quote"I heard Air Canada is recalling 12 pilots a month and this may increase towards the summer Sched"

I heard it's really 25 a month... wait, no 50 a month!... do I hear 85?:8
I'll believe it when it happens...

R8TED THRUST
27th Jan 2005, 04:05
It has already started to happen look at the last equipment bid!!!

and as far as I'm concerned the more movement the better.

cheers