PDA

View Full Version : Not that I'm interested or anything........

RogerOut
19th Aug 2000, 18:13
Anyone worked in area centre abroad (I'm UK
NATS) who could provide info on what and
where? Is there such a mystical place where
the conditions are good, pays well, pension
is looked after, job is secure, and is, well,
exotic..... OK then, say 4 out of 5 of above
applies? Pie in the sky, I know but you've
got to ask haven't you. So when this place
is revealed if you'd like to form an orderly
queue behind me please.......... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

------------------
RogerOut
I Keep Mine Hidden

Avman
19th Aug 2000, 22:39
Maastricht UAC scores 3 out of 5 (4 if you consider South Limburg as exotic)!

RogerOut
28th Aug 2000, 15:14
Thanks for the reply, I must say Eurocontrol
not one I've considered, 3 out of 5 you
say ??? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

Avman
29th Aug 2000, 01:52
Come and look the place over. If you're UK based hop over on the KLM Exel service from EGSS for a weekend. They do cheap fares (cheaper than their ID75 stand-by) if you stay over a Sat to Sun. Visit the centre, speak to the Brits and many other nationalities that work here and take a look at the charming old city of Maastricht. Don't know about exotic but certainly very nice. It's central location is great for trips to nearby Belgium, France, Luxembourg and Germany. Make contact via the ATC lines and notify the Centre Supervisor of the dates of your intended visit.

P.S. They're desperate for controllers!

[This message has been edited by Avman (edited 28 August 2000).]

Shazbat
29th Aug 2000, 19:49
Everyone's desperate for controllers......wouldn't it be nice if they were treated with the respect they deserve, and not kicked in the ***** (insert your own word) by management at every turn..............come the revolution !!

Lon More
31st Aug 2000, 23:56
Re maastricht << they're desperate for controller's>> form an orderly queue round the building. I've just seen a copy of an email from admin:-
On the EUROCONTROL website you can find Notice of Competition no. MA-1999-BO/099 for Air Traffic Controllers. The last closing date for this notice is 30.11.2000. An application form is also available on the web. If you are interested please fill in and send to our Headquarters in Brussels (address is on the application form).
I must warn you though that we have already got many more candidates then we can accommodate, therefore chances are very low.

------------------
Lon More,just an ATCO

TinPusher
1st Sep 2000, 14:04
Get your atlas out and locate Invercargill New Zealand.....some would consider the place exotic. :)

Goldfish Jack
5th Sep 2000, 00:45
Shazbat:

And I thought they only did those things in Africa.......!!!