PDA

View Full Version : CCF & CA

TopSwiss941
24th May 2001, 21:42
Hi folks!

Just a quickie! I've got my final interview for ATC in a couple of weeks. I'm just going through the booklets they've sent me to study (both of which were printed around 1991) and was wondering whether anyone can clear a couple of questions up for me...

1 Has conflict alert been introduced to FLs below FL250 yet?
2 Is the CCF now fully operational in the SE or will this happen when Swanwick opens in January?

I know this may sound trivial, but just thought I'd confirm what the latest is before I get asked!

Cheers in advance...

TS941

24th May 2001, 22:10
The stuff that NATS give out is hopelessly out of date.

CCF is now known as TC (for Terminal Control). It has been operational since 1995 (ish), and will be staying at LATCC (West Drayton) for a few years more, even when AC (Area Control) goes to Swanwick in January.

As far as I know - AC ppruners will confirm or deny - CA has also been in use for some time.

Hope this is of some use; if you have any other questions feel free to mail me or post them.

Numpo-Nigit
25th May 2001, 00:21
Easy 941

Yes, conflict alert has been available at all levels for both AC and TC traffic for a while now, as has SMF (Separation Monitoring Facilty/Function), as similar beast.

At your interview you may find that RVSM (Reduced Vertical Separation Minima) may be a topic - it was introduced throughout the UK recently.

Good luck with your interview, and sorry about the name - I ALWAYS get confused between TopSwiss (EZS) and Easyjet (EZY) when I should KNOW that Easyjet shouts in indecipherable Liverpudlian!!!

Edited for spelling - it's been a long day !!!

[This message has been edited by Numpo-Nigit (edited 24 May 2001).]

Serco Stuffer
25th May 2001, 21:54
Conflict alert is restricted to above FL50 but not is Scottish or TC airspace. For AC at LATCC the system is provided by the NAS (national airspace system,) (called HCS for host computer system). In TC, conflict alert is provided by the NODE radar system itself. For the NAS system there are exclusion zones around the London area (TMA) and Mancheter TMA so that it does not activate on traffic with reduced separation as used in TMA's (Terminal Manouvering Areas).

I cant spell manouvering - I think...
Hope this helps.