PDA

View Full Version : Direct Entry for Area ATCO - Is its possible?

Ratings2GO
24th May 2001, 19:23
Just testing the water, with the shortage of en-route in NATS. How would one return to NATS as an Area Controller direct, I'd prefer Atlantic House?

I am currently working non-NATS Approach, but have my 5 tickets (old skool style).

All info greatfully received.

R2G

Ratings2GO
27th May 2001, 22:27
So your not short then???

Findo
27th May 2001, 22:56
Lots of ex airfield ATCOs have been posted to Area. Normally the only requirement is to pass the local course in the classroom and simulator which should not be difficult for someone who is current in a reasonably busy ATC environment.

------------------
Go with the flow ... or you'll miss your slot.

Ratings2GO
27th May 2001, 22:57
So who do I talk too?

BEXIL160
28th May 2001, 01:07
Can I suggest that you ring the Manager ATC at ScATCC. DO NOT SPEAK TO NATS PERSONNELL DIRECT!!!!!

Why? Well, they probably won't have a clue what you're on about,and they are largely responsible for the current "crisis", but if you speak to somebody close to the "sharp end", they might, just might, end up helping you out.

A slight aside.... A source has mentioned that the NATS personnel manager has been dismissed by the Airline Group. Any truth in this???

RGDS BEX

Red Dragon
28th May 2001, 14:49
With airfield people being moved into area centres does this mean airfields are then getting short?
I`m in a similar situation, 12 years experience, doing approach for a non-NATS outfit without area ratings. To get into a NATS approach unit,should I follow the same path and contact people at the coal face rather than personnel?
Any ideas?

Findo
29th May 2001, 03:27
RD .. ring airports personnel direct at Heathrow. I would bet the first offers would be Aberdeen or Heathrow dependent on experience.

------------------
Go with the flow ... or you'll miss your slot.