View Full Version : Highs & Lows & Predictions

cessna l plate
26th Dec 2004, 15:16
As is traditional at this time of year (Dont believe me?? Just look at the TV Listings) it's time to look at what we achieved in the past year, and what 2005 is going to hold for us, both as an industry and also personally. I know this is R&N, but I would like most people to see it.

I'll start the ball rolling

High point came on 25th January when I acheived my first solo.

Low point came a few weeks later when I ran out of money

Even lower point came a couple of months ago when the funds became so bad I realised that I cannot even manage an hour here and there any more as I have been doing, and decided to stop flying altogether.

This was looking like the tone of my year until Christmas day. Watching my 3 year old open her Xmas presents, and the look on her face when she realised that Santa had been made it all worthwhile.

As for 2005, well, I'll call in the flying club now and again, and if I can find a better paid job (I must be the worst paid transport manager in the indusrty) then I might start to commit aviation again.

That's me, what about you guys

Waspy
26th Dec 2004, 16:14
Yaep,
I have known the same feeling after SABENA bankruptcy. Thought I would never fly again (9-11 context) even after 15 years in aviation and a lot of experience to share. If you want to fly, you will eventually find a way to do so. Having sais that, isn't the look in the eyes of your baby worth more than a C172 circuit? ;)(at this time of the year vis is poor, ceiling low and flying club bar empty of people.)

Carpe diem,

:D