View Full Version : NATS CHAIRMAN

U B Nadd
16th Apr 1999, 12:00
In the business section of the Guardian this morning was an article naming the new chairman of NATS.His name is Sir Roy McNulty and he is currently chairman of Shorts (Missiles).
So NATS continues to lurch in the same direction - from one industry failure to another. The string of dead-beat ex-politicians and industry non-events continues to show a strong contempt by the civil service for the ATC system in the UK. Was there really no-one with some ATC or commercial airline background who could have brought some credibility to the NATS management structure and lifted the very bruised morale of an effective and efficient service?

R Slicker
16th Apr 1999, 12:07
They're putting in a missile man because the NATS senior management team obviously needs a rocket up the ****.

Stampe
18th Apr 1999, 23:29
When are the press going to latch on to the ongoing mismanagement of NATS and NERC at vast public expense. Lets hope it wont take an accident to alert their interest! You can,t believe their press releases chaps.

[This message has been edited by Stampe (edited 18 April 1999).]

10W
19th Apr 1999, 01:13
So what's the truth then Stampe ? Spill the beans please and don't leave us all in the dark.

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]
ICQ 18043595

POMPI
20th Apr 1999, 22:58
Stampe,
10W and I are looking forward to you spilling the beans.
Any outlook on a time frame ?

Best Regards POMPI

Stampe
21st Apr 1999, 22:20
My mole on the inside of the systems area of this project assures me NERC will never work as planned. The technology is already obsolete and in some areas becoming (their words) unsupportable in terms of backup and spares.Meanwhile the management is done by committee which come means no worthwhile decisions at all!! You ATC ers do a great job, the best in the world probablly but the stress and overload on some London sectors is noticeable nowadays.I,m glad i,ve got TCAS for that little bit of extra protection.

[This message has been edited by Stampe (edited 21 April 1999).]