PDA

View Full Version : Furry Seats

roger didley
24th Dec 2004, 00:27
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can answer to a silly question whats been niggling at me for a while. Why do most airliners I see pics of have furry sheep skin type seats? Is is just to keep your botty warm on a cold day, or is there a more sensible reason ;)

Roger D

604guy
24th Dec 2004, 20:17
Because being a nice natural fibre they "breathe" and don't get all sticky on those hot humid days and keep your posterior warm on the not so hot ones. Then of course there is one chap I sometimes fly with who just likes the whole sheep thing........

:}

Intruder
25th Dec 2004, 01:17
one chap I sometimes fly with who just likes the whole sheep thing...
Kiwi? :)

604guy
25th Dec 2004, 14:35
No, not Kiwi but would likely feel right at home in the back woods of the Ozarks. cue mental picture to include the sound of a couple of dueling banjos in the background :hmm:

ZK-NSJ
26th Dec 2004, 03:30
must be tasmanian then :8

Max Angle
27th Dec 2004, 16:38
Reminds me of a skipper at work who found the sheepskin cover of is seat was rather worn. His tech. log entry was "Captains seat cover worn out due over use"

bluepilot
27th Dec 2004, 18:29
Welsh!!

What you call a flock of sheep tied to a lamp post in Cardiff??

A leisure centre!!! :8 :8 :rolleyes: :yuk:

Boss Raptor
27th Dec 2004, 19:02
...and because it has been scientifically studied/proven that you wriggle around a lot less on a sheepskin seat...so can concentrate more and for longer

WindSheer
2nd Jan 2005, 11:35
Bluepilot!

I thought it would come down to the welsh in the end - and rightly so.

WE SH*G THEM YOU EAT THEM!

:cool:

GlueBall
4th Jan 2005, 03:37
Actually I prefer leather seating surfaces...as they do not smell of stale farts. :ooh: