PDA

View Full Version : Nicosia Control

Capt PPRuNe
17th May 2001, 09:59
Just in case anyone from Nicosia control reads this I would like to say how impressed my Captain and I were with the controller who was looking after the Nicosia airspace at 2300z on the night of the 16th May.

We departed out of LCLK on a Paphos 1B and after passing 8000' were handed over to Nicosia and the controller was extremely efficient and a pleasure to listen to as he controlled all the airspace up to at least FL410. Our flight didn't need much 'controlling but just listening to him, he was calm, eloquent and informative whilst sorting out all the overhead crossing traffic from the Tel Aviv and Damascus and Athens FIRs as well as the in and outbounds from Erjan and the Wednesday rush of IT from Europe into Cyprus.

It was all a bit like watching a good conductor conducting a good orchestra. Just thought I'd say how impressed we were and to pass on regards to the controller (and his assistants) on a job well done.

Right, that's me off to sleep now!

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
aka Danny Fyne
The Professional Pilots RUmour NEtwork

[This message has been edited by Capt PPRuNe (edited 17 May 2001).]

Avman
18th May 2001, 03:06
Message passed on to Nicosia via LCLK contact.

fweeeeep
19th May 2001, 21:25
Nice to see appreciation extended, sometimes not enough of that, ..... in either direction.

WELL DONE CAPTAIN