PDA

View Full Version : RV??

chiglet
10th May 2001, 22:45
During my last lot of nights, a certain (non UK) airline has every stored FPL as RVA. They then change ALL plans to RVN.
Then re-change the odd one to RVA, then /N then/A.....
Perhaps. IF (oh, if only) a fix could be fitted into HCS that if ONLY above FL290/300 83A/RVA HAD to be filed/input.
EG, E110/83U/RVU.....at FL90
B735/83A/RVU.....at FL190
B744/83A/RVA.....at FL330
What was wrong with B747/W????

Bigears
11th May 2001, 01:36
Nothing was wrong with /W, EXCEPT;
a) HCS has nothing to do with it- IFPS would have to have a fix in it (and may well do next year) to reject aircraft filing 290+ whilst not equipped
b) It has also to do with aircraft who initially file -290, and might or might not be equipped- as we know allocation of RFLs is not always the case, so you would want to know if the aircraft was equipped or not before allocating a level 290+
c) Dunno about LATCC, but at NERC the software will alert you to an aircraft who is not equipped, but has been allocated/plans 290+
d) non RVSM certified aircraft can fly 290+ until next year, subject to ATC approval, but need 2000' separation against other traffic- non-approval of course being indicated by /N
So, apart from those reasons, nothing is wrong with /W!!!
I do sympathise with you though- but what amuses me is FPRSA- oh, remind me how many years late it is already!, and how much has been spent to save how many ATSA jobs- probably take about 20 years of operation to re-coup it! :-))

incubus
13th May 2001, 23:47
I'll get me coat....