PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Brett Walton ... again!!

TwoDogs
2nd May 2001, 16:26
Call me useless but it really wasn't my fault...another bloody HDD crash ...I have lost Brett's (from AbuDhabi) email address. Could somebody please pass this on to him and ask him to e-mail me.

[This message has been edited by TwoDogs (edited 02 May 2001).]

Tweety
3rd May 2001, 15:13
Two Dogs,
While I have you here, what is the story with Hong Kong hiring new controllers this month? Would appreciate to hear what you know.
Sorry can't help with bretts address

TTFN

TwoDogs
4th May 2001, 13:17
T,
We are the last to know of these things. All I can say is that there are rumours going around that jobs may be advertised later in the year, possibly for QA positions that are supposed to be created.
As for field positions it doesnt look too promising. One guy was sent packing last week at the end of his contract even tho he was keen to stay and another one who left a few months back has been trying to get his job back to no avail.
Concensus here is that they will be short staffed at the end of the year but management have their hands tied when it comes to recruiting. Finance department pulls the strings and if they say "no hiring" then there is no hiring.
The firt anybody will know for sure will be when the ad comes out in "flight"

Tweety
4th May 2001, 16:03
Two dogs,

Thanks for the update

TTFN

TwoDogs
6th May 2001, 09:03
Latest rumour (heard yesterday) is that 20 controllers will be hired next year.

Tweety
6th May 2001, 15:31
2dogs
thanks again
TTFN

PMS
7th May 2001, 15:19
2dogs,
Thats great news, Hope to see you there
Thanks

Hey Tweety

Lets get together for a few toddies next week?

Lap? Kok? - Chek!
7th May 2001, 19:00
latest rumor from the 4th floor:

Those controllers whose contracts expire in 2001 will be leaving.
Of those whose contracts currently expire in April 2002 (lots) 10 will be disposed of.....and they will advertise for 20 more contract controllers later in 2002.

B4 you say anything let me tell you about this can we have at work called the "WHY?" can.
You ask "why?" you put in 10 bucks. It got half full very quickly when first instigated...now nobody bothers to ask "why?" and the can still isn't full ;)