PDA

View Full Version : OJTI pay?

hooplaa
1st May 2001, 17:05
Can any body put me in the picture - since being paid the back dated OJTI allowance last year, nothing has been seen since. When are we likely to receive the next one - or have I missed something?

------------------

Asda
1st May 2001, 20:25
No you haven't missed anything. The next slice of OJTI cake will be paid when all units have completed negotiations on local training targets. Apparently LL, BB and LATCC still have to agree, though LATCC are rumoured to foresee no problems. Crossed fingers for the end of May.

chiglet
1st May 2001, 21:05
As someone who has trained fellow assistants from the start, I do find it rather strange that ATCO's (more responsible job...agreed) get extra cash, but the assistants get nothing

Nuke the Bastards
2nd May 2001, 00:14
No comment, chiglet.......and yes, I DID do my time as an assistant !

Spoonbill
2nd May 2001, 14:44
Chiglet you plonker - you've answered your own question :rolleyes:
I was an atca for longer than I'd care to remember, then I was struck down by the urge to earn more money, so I did something about it using my own money and the little intelligence that I had retained. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

chiglet
2nd May 2001, 19:11
Spoon,
Don't get me wrong. When I (seriously) thought about becoming an ATCO I was too old, but some of by best fiends etc...

beaglepup
2nd May 2001, 22:57
After a "crash", I'm back
Chiglet, get a life. There's a lot more than training. You don't like it, then don't do it!

unwise
3rd May 2001, 00:25
Chiglet. Sorry mate it's funny how these things work but at the end of the day, it lies firmly at the door of your union. From the time i started at latcc i've been hearing, "im not suppose to be training at my grade blah blah, but nothings seems to get done about it. Now if we were 'European' in the greater sense of the word, we and our unions certainly wouldn't stand for it.

Mr Chips
4th May 2001, 04:13
Just to add to the discussion, generally ATSAs are only suposed to train if they have been through a metors course. In practice, they (we) are told to train, whether they like it or not, and, as pointed out, get no increment or bung for doing it. Its a valid point - ATSAs train student ATCOs on the wings, so please don't jump down peoples throats. Spoonbill - if you are only in it for the money, fine, but please don't insult ATSAs unless you are prepared to say it to the ATSAs at your unit....

Not Long Now
4th May 2001, 22:27
There is an answer... if you don't want the extra money, presuming it turns up eventually, don't train! What are management going to do, sit next to you sitting next to a trainee and force you to impart knowledge to them?

OrsonCart
5th May 2001, 00:11
So if training is a contractual obligation (?), how do you go about refusing to train then?

Spoonbill
5th May 2001, 02:09
Mr Chips - Dont take it so personally! I meant no insult to ATSAs, I was one for long enough and I know the crap that they sometimes have to put up with. I'm certainly not just in it for the money, I personally dont think you could do this job if you didnt enjoy it.
Another question to throw into the pot - Do OJT Atsas have any accountability for their 'students' during and after the training period?

chiglet
5th May 2001, 20:21
Spoon,
Perhaps no "responsibility" at least at EGCC, but if I train someone, then I am happy to work with him/her. After all I DO have my standards, no matter how low

slurp
6th May 2001, 00:49
i have it on good authority that ATSA 4's at LATCC will no longer be training grades higher than their grade..i .e Student ATCO's ,this is part of the new pay agreement....as we ain t getting the bonus i for one agree whole heartedly.

not a scooby
9th May 2001, 11:02
Interesting rumour at Scacc, a certain watch has a number of atcos taking a sudden sabatical during the summer from training.

Rumours abound, that management are considering watch transfers to cover shortfall, & do not regard any summer leave as being agreed, until the watch lists are published.

Good to know that the " big stick" is alive and well.

I am so glad that we have this current agreement where " top of the scale" can get off the tread mill, knowing that our trusty union is waiting in the wings to back us all the way.

[This message has been edited by not a scooby (edited 10 May 2001).]