PDA

View Full Version : Avcanada.ca site?

lead zeppelin
16th Dec 2004, 15:26
Does anyone know what is happening to the avcanada.ca site? I get redirected to some Subliminal Shock" site. Has their server been hijacked?

wrenchbender
16th Dec 2004, 15:41
Yes, they've been "hacked". Stay away for awhile...

lead zeppelin
16th Dec 2004, 20:55
Thanks, Wrench.

It amazes me that there are people with nothing better to do in life than hack into a harmless website. They must not have been hugged by their mothers when they were babies.

SAW
17th Dec 2004, 01:01
Yep, they got hacked. Got an email from them and they trying to resolve the problem

Panama Jack
17th Dec 2004, 18:39
It amazes me that there are people with nothing better to do in life than hack into a harmless website. They must not have been hugged by their mothers when they were babies.

Kinda like the morons who "tag" public or private property or "key" the paint on cars? Yes, pretty sad. A pig shave and military boot camp might fill their lives with some purpose-- even if only for cannon fodder. :*

lokione
17th Dec 2004, 23:19
This really sucks!! How long will it go on for? I am missing Panama Jacks daily posts!! Can you post a new topic here on the prune when it is back online Panama?? Computers huh - cant understand them but cant live without them. Usually I admire people who are really computer literate but right now I would happily run over them!! But we could start a really good thread just theorising who the "hijacker hacker" may be??!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

the_fly_by_night
18th Dec 2004, 02:51
yes, the sites been hacked. the admin won't be back until the new year. there will be data lost apparently, CAAP-APAC was hit aswell but is back up without harm. There is an AvCanada spare room up at www.jetthrust.com

Murph'

Panama Jack
18th Dec 2004, 08:59
ROTFLOL lokione :}

pigboat
20th Dec 2004, 02:22
AvCan is back on line, although you have to re-register. This (www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?t=19) is what happened to the little prick who hacked it. :ok:

hibypassratio
20th Dec 2004, 13:52
One industrious Avcan member with a lot of techy knowledge got a group of his techy friends together and counter-attacked the miscreant who initiated this. Get's what he/she deserves, I think.:p

nite_owl
25th Dec 2004, 06:10
Awesome!!!! Sweeet work Sulako!
That'll teach the little fokker!