PDA

View Full Version : VFR Plans

chiglet
30th Apr 2001, 02:39
What does one do when EGXX closes an FPL for GAXXX from A to B and you have no plan for it?

Spoonbill
30th Apr 2001, 18:18
'Closure' of a VFR plan is a bit of a grey area. In my experience, the only way to close a flight plan is to send an arrival message, although I dont know if there is a definitive published rule that you should do anything else.
If you dont have any of the flight plan details, you can assume either:
1 - The flight plan has been sent to someone else, or got lost in the system, or
2 - The flight plan wasn't sent in the first place.
Either way, sending an arrival message to the aerodrome of departure AND that airfields parent FIR should suffice.
If anyone knows anything different, fire away. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

VTSP
30th Apr 2001, 22:50
To my knowledge, a flight plan is closed automatically when the aircraft to which the flight plan refers has landed at it's flight planned destination, OR when an arrival Message is sent.

Sending of an arrival message is only by request or if the aircraft arrives at either the alternate airfield or somewhere other than the flightplanned destination.

I could be wrong though.

[This message has been edited by VTSP (edited 01 May 2001).]

chiglet
1st May 2001, 13:00
To make things a bit more clear, EGCC is parent to 50+ airfields. When GABCD lands at Freds Farm and I do not have a FPL on him and he closes said plan, what do I do then?
Out of interest, EGCB close IFR plans.

JuicyLucy
1st May 2001, 21:41
You tell there is no requirement to close a plan.
In the UK there is no "closure" of a plan.
Non arrival at Freds farm or any other non-ATC places, VFR or IFR would not be noticed by the system we have in place.
The only fail safe way is to ask a "resposible person" to notify the authorities if overdue action is required.
Not the ideal situation......

10W
1st May 2001, 22:09
Try Para 3.5 in the the AIP.

Might help ??

http://www.ais.org.uk/uk_aip/pdf/enr/20110.pdf

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]

chiglet
1st May 2001, 22:31
JL
The other day. GABCD inbound from LFPN to EGBT. FPL sent, and DEP.
EGBT phone and say ,I don't know the aeroplane, therefore, I am going home.
'BT "can" be confused with 'TB.... Not known.
Checked route, and spoke to Brize.. inbound to 'BJ. BUT had div'd to KA, who 2 hours later....told us
Sorted sort of.
This is happening EVERY day.
Out of interest. To cross a "boudary" you MUST file a FPL. You NEEDN'T file an SPL!