PDA

View Full Version : Reporting Points - your help please

EGCC Rwy 24
27th Apr 2001, 00:12
The latest reporting point changes (from the 17 May AIP) are now on my site (http://www.nicklocke.co.uk/Points). Your help please:

New points this time around - BADIM, DOGAN, LANLO, VAPID. From those in the know, are these from the "random letters" stable or are there some deep meanings we should record for posterity?
It looks like the East Shetland Basin Route Structure is disappearing fast. Before it gets completely forgotten about, please could some willing soul construct a few lines of prose recording what it is/does/was/did?

Thanks in advance!

Nick Locke

matspart3
27th Apr 2001, 00:58
Maybe entirely coincidental but BADIM is fairly close geographically to Badminton, ...although it started off it's life as plain old 'Y' in some top secret, have to kill you if I told you, cunning plans that I drew up personally! Glad to see it published, however 'the plans' and some much more important other ones are postponed until after NERC!!!
Perhaps YEARS might have been a better name!

EGCC Rwy 24
29th Apr 2001, 23:28
There must be some knowledge out there somewhere! Perhaps you missed the post.........

...... back to the top.

matspart3
3rd May 2001, 00:48
Judging by the severe lack of posts here, DOGAN, VAPID and LANLO are obviously far more top secret than my little old BADIM!
Perhaps if we called one SERCO it would illicit more interest!