PDA

View Full Version : ATC jobs opportunities ?

Mstream
15th Dec 2004, 12:15
Hi !

I've just found this site. It's really great.

I've read some articles but still haven't got the answer to the question that bothers me from some time.
I'm an ATCO from a country in central europe looking for an ATC job in other country. It's just that I don't fit in the kind of management I have in my "homebase".

I've recentryl applied for Eurocontrol but failed :-(.
I'm about to apply for NATS, also found information about Australia (permission for work may be a problem, I guess). I've also found two vacancy informations for UK.
I've tried to apply for DXB TWR but I've been told the licence of my country means nothing in UAE.

I thought about Hong Kong (I've heard that a lot of people form UK work there) or any other place, both in Europe and outside Europe.

Can you give a clue where to look ? Where to search ? Who to ask ? What to read ? I need to find another place. Really guys, if you can - help me.

Thanks in advance. Take care :-)

ILS 119.5
15th Dec 2004, 13:37
Try SERCO I think they have places in ABU DHABI>

AirNoServicesAustralia
19th Dec 2004, 21:40
You will find in the UAE the regulator will only take ATC'ers from certain western countries eg. Sth.Afr, U.S, Canada, Britain, Ireland, Australia, NZ, Sweden, Norway and Denmark (will be others but just the ones off the top of the head). If on applying to Dubai Twr you were told your lisense was not recognised then I guess you are from a country not on that list. You could try the direct hire countrys out here like Qatar or Oman, as they may look at you in a different light. Good Luck. (by the way you have no chance of getting a job in Australia, as you will never get past the immigration rules as you need a full time job there to get residency, and you need to be a resident to be employed as an ATC, catch 22). Also if you don't mind dodging bullets, try Sth Africa.

ZRH
21st Dec 2004, 04:30
Depending on where in central europe you hail from, you could always try skyguide. They look for new folks every now and then. If you're in central europe, you might speak some german and then ZRH would be a good place. If your french is better, try GVA.

Lon More
21st Dec 2004, 09:11
Eurocontrol no longer accepts controllers as conversion trainees, too many bad experiences. Depending on your age you might be eligible to apply for ab-initio training

Spuds McKenzie
21st Dec 2004, 15:55
too many bad experiences
Controllers with Eurocontrol or Eurocontrol with controllers...? ;)