PDA

View Full Version : Why is Nav Canada So Quiet?

calstamps
21st Apr 2001, 07:40
I Have taken my test, waiting for the infamous letter! I have searched through hundreds of web sites, including Nav Canada's. It is hard to find topics discussed, such as Cornwall, or even websites for our countries Centres. Why is Nav Canada so hush hush about there facilities? Is security that big of an issue here in Canada? The FAA has gigabytes of info on everything,including tower and center web pages? It is hard to even find a photo of our ACCs. Is this discreetness do to private ownership or what?? I would like to hear from some of the controllers here in Canada, for their opinion on Nav. I see they have made it to the head of the race with the CAATS systems. Much thanks in advance!
I can't wait!!! finally a career that may actually challenge me mentally!

Tweety
23rd Apr 2001, 15:04
calstamps,
I assume you are a tea bag trying to get out of the UK and follow the recent Irishmans lead. navcanada is a pretty screwed up organisation just in case you haven't heard. They really do not know what they are doing and are no better than Serco or Nats or anyone else for that matter.
You could be waiting a while because they are in the middle of contract negotiations here and one of the unions pillars is no outside contract hiring which would mean you and others in the same boat. So I wouldn't be holding your breath. Sorry to douse your fire with water.
Tally ho pip pip and all that!

yakkity
23rd Apr 2001, 20:10
So tweety,
you ex Serco?
If so from Where ??

Yankee_Doodle_Floppy_Disk
24th Apr 2001, 01:31
Tweety

Is a chap named Proulx (as in Screw you Proulx) involved with Nav Canada in negotiations?

Just Wondering.

bill
24th Apr 2001, 02:11
tweety,

did you read a different profile for calstamps than I did?

Tweety
24th Apr 2001, 16:48
Bill,
Obviously I must have. Be that as it may the part about how useless Navcanada is still stands. As for yakkity who ever you are, I am from much higher echelons than you will ever aspire to, so crawl back into your hole.
Bye for now

fweeeeep
24th Apr 2001, 21:00
Tweety,

As a matter of interest, which ATC systems would you rate as being reasonably acceptable or acceptable ?

This is genuinely not a hostile (intended) question.

Fweeeeep .

yakkity
25th Apr 2001, 07:45
My my Tweety,
After rereading my post. I can see where i upset you.If an apology is needed you need to do it ! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif
Maybe i'm from higher up than you think.Because you obviously don't know . :)

TinPusher
25th Apr 2001, 14:40
Prolux (pronounced as Prew) was CEO at Airways NZ back in'95 when we had our first ever strike. Major AAhol
Some Tee shirts were printed with Scrolux Yolux Prolux after he appeared on national TV and threatened us making a right dork of himself. (hic) I'm sure the phrase hasn't been patented and it proved good for a wind up.
Goodluck :)

Tweety
25th Apr 2001, 15:18
Fweeeep and Yakkity,
I will have to guess that you both do or have worked for Serco especially after reading other threads. I can tell you that there is no perfect ANS employer after my years in managment. No I haven't worked for Serco and never intend to. If you do I feel sorry for you both.Hope you make a better decision next time though.
Yakkity you did not upset me, sorry to have to spoil that for you.
TTFN

The Crimson Fruitbat
27th Apr 2001, 15:34
So Tweets, Ol' Bean, have you worked in Canada? or Oz? or the Gulf?

Thou art somewhat self righteous and pompous in appearance. So after the '...my years in management..." comment, where (country, not company) art thou hailing from?

Its usually 'self righteous and pompous' pillocks in management that spoil a good or potentially good ATC working environment.

Am I telling a pork pie or what, Tweeter?

Calstamps, try: http://www.aeforum.com/ , its a Canadian only forum and ATCO's seem to monitor it.

[This message has been edited by The Crimson Fruitbat (edited 27 April 2001).]

fweeeeep
28th Apr 2001, 00:07
Tweety,

Screw You.

Take your wise-ar$e comments and shove em where the sun don't shine.

Coast
1st May 2001, 06:46
tweety

do you think Airservices is any better than Navcanada??
Proulx has "retired"

PPRuNe Radar
1st May 2001, 16:00
Guys,

Some of you need to chill out and grow up. Re-read the warning at the bottom of the page and try not to get suckered in by inflamatory posts or comments. Opposing views are perfectly acceptable here but remember ATC is supposed to be a professional occupation so let's try and act in that manner.

:rolleyes:

------------------
PPRuNe Radar
ATC Forum Moderator
[email protected]

fweeeeep
1st May 2001, 18:06
Roger

Tweety
1st May 2001, 23:25
Coast and Co,
No have worked for neither and from the sounds of it would not want to.

As for the fruitbat and I reiterate PPrune radar, this is an open forum and freedom of speach (at least where I come from) is entrenched in our rights, unlike fweeeep and others.

TTFN

PPRuNe Radar
2nd May 2001, 01:17
Tweety

Whilst your opposing views inflamed some who reacted to your first post, I have no problem with that post. However when you then stoke the flames by telling people to 'crawl back into their holes' and the like then you overstep the mark. And of course cause a reaction which continues the thread in a hostile vein. So wind your neck in. (Applicable equally to those antagonists on the other side as well.)

Now you might bleat on about freedom of speech and the like. Fine, go start your own website and Bulletin Board without any rules. You can have as much free speech as you want there amongst like minded people. In here, you signed up to some rules. So assuming you read them, your memory must be failing you so here they are again:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is ......abusive,.... hateful, harassing, ..........threatening,</font>

It's up to you. Play the game or feel free to go elsewhere and start up some competition. If you all really want to carry it on, let me have your e-mail addresses which I can pass between you all and you can really take the gloves off...but in private and not on this Forum.

------------------
PPRuNe Radar
ATC Forum Moderator
[email protected]

Tweety
2nd May 2001, 03:01
PPrune Radar,

You are quiet correct, sorry. I apologise to whoever it was re the "crawl back into your hole" remark.

I will keep it as professional as possible from now on, but find it very difficult in the face of some of the remarks from these other so called professionals. Makes me wonder how the travelling public survives air travel these days.
TTFN

PPRuNe Radar
2nd May 2001, 03:49
Tweety,

Thanks, sometimes it's hard just to bite your tongue I know.

The comments are equally applicable to those on the other side of this debate. I am sorry if it looks like you were singled out, that should not have been the intent.

------------------
PPRuNe Radar
ATC Forum Moderator
[email protected]