PDA

View Full Version : NOTOC signatures?

dolly737
13th Dec 2004, 15:53
Hi,

can someone enlighten me as to whose signature(s) is(are) required on a NOTOC (except the captain’s)?

I understand the ramp agent (supervising the loading) has to sign.
The question is: does the person preparing the NOTOC also have to sign it?

What is the accepted policy out there?

Thanks

Offchocks
13th Dec 2004, 20:24
Depends on your local regulatory authority, in this part of the world the person preparing the NOTOC has to sign it plus the Captain or the FO on behalf of the Captain.
I can't remember having seen the ramp loading supervisor signing the NOTOC.

dolly737
14th Dec 2004, 17:20
Thanks Offchocks!

That's what I've thought is correct.

Seems our policy is the other way 'round (signature of the person preparing it is not required).

I'm still looking for legal backup/references (authority doesn't say anything on that - except: "OM-A is applicable"). So our policy is legal in respect to AOCV. If it is in accordance with "international" regulations I still have to find out :confused:

Flip Flop Flyer
16th Dec 2004, 16:31
1: The person who prepared the NOTOC, signing that the cargo has been loaded in accordance with rules and regulations (seperation of different classes of DGR, loaded in correct positions)
2: The person responsible for loading the aircraft, signing that the DGR has indeed been loaded as certified on the NOTOC.
3: The commander, signing that he's happy the DGR is allowed onboard, that it's properly separated and correctly loaded.

Note:
The first signature, by the person preparing the NOTOC, may be of the electronic variety. All other signatures must be by hand.

dolly737
16th Dec 2004, 17:13
Thanks a lot FFF,

could you also provide the source of your quote, please?