PDA

View Full Version : Air Traffic Control Web Site

Fdub
18th Apr 2001, 06:07
I would like to suggest an air Traffic Control website for those interested in learning more about air traffic control. It was selected by Government Executive Magazine as "Best Feds on the Web for 2000". Air Traffic Control is in the news daily and I'm sure that many of you would be interested in learning more about the folks who play a major role in their air travels. I would like to bring your attention to a particular section that offers visitors a chance to watch several videos about the various roles of ATC. http://www.airtrafficcafe.com/gate_to_gate.shtml

Here's the link http://www.airtrafficcafe.com

Thanks in advance for your time in evaluating this website.
Sincerely,
Michael Carlton
ATCafe
http://www.airtrafficcafe.com
Thanks for visiting Air Traffic Cafe'

Avman
18th Apr 2001, 13:13
You need to put this on the pilots' forums. They're the ones that need to learn what ATC is all about!!! :)

Spuds McKenzie
19th Apr 2001, 19:21
ATC management as well, Avman. :)

------------------
"say again?"
"again"

Avman
19th Apr 2001, 22:20
Absolutely SM - even more so!

RATBOY
24th Apr 2001, 18:53
Very complete looking and well produced site. Who owns it?

Fdub
24th Apr 2001, 19:09
About ATCafe'
The History Behind ATCafe'
I developed ATC Help, (what I first called my ATC website), after being selected as my specialty OJT Coordinator. After developing a new training guide for the Glen Rose specialty, I decided to make this information available via the internet so trainees, instructors and supervisors could access this information at home as well as at work. The sites focus was initially aimed at training issues specifically. Once ATC Help started gaining momentum I started receiving hundreds of e-mails from folks around the country asking all type of ATC and career related questions. At first I answered each email personally. I soon discovered that I was receiving a lot of the same questions. Therefore, I decided to develop a comprehensive ATC site that covered every question or topic I could think of that related to ATC issues.

The primary objective of ATCafe' is to provide a broader insight to the workings of air traffic control as it relates to aviation, air travel, and occupational duties. This insight to air traffic control project was the recognition of inadequate resources available to the public and the people within the career field itself. I feel that being an air traffic controller is somewhat of a secret society. By that I mean that the specifics of our jobs are unknown by most of the flying public. Most think of controllers as the men and women in the towers or some think we are the ones that wave the flashlights on the ramp. Hopefully after exploring ATCafe' you will have a better understanding of the many duties associated with being an air traffic controller.

Meet The Crew At ATCafe'
Michael Carlton started his aviation career in 1979 while serving in the U.S. Air Force as an Aircraft Electrician for 8 and 1/2 years. While in the Air Force, Michael served three years at Carswell AFB, Texas and five years at Hickam AFB, Hawaii. Michael has been employed with the FAA since 1988 and has worked at Cleveland and Fort Worth Centers, (ARTCC). July 2000 marked Michael's 21st year of government service. Mr. Carlton has an Associates Degree in Aircraft Electrical Systems Technology from the Community College of the Air Force and a Bachelors Of Aeronautics Degree from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. Michael has eight years of experience as an FAA facility trainer and is currently his specialties OJT Coordinator.

The ATCafe' Future
Changes are already on the drawing boards with many new features to enhance ATCafe' to meet growing demands. We are studying for example, the options for an online testing section whereby visitors can take skill enhancement test and visitors interested in learning more about ATC can take various test in the privacy of their own homes or schools. This update and many more will be detailed in our "What's New" section. Keep up to date with the future changes by subscribing to our free monthly ATCafe Newsletter.