PDA

View Full Version : Are we too loyal?

Wheelybin
10th Apr 2001, 04:52
How many people at your unit have gone to work elsewhere? How many people have moved abroad,gone to work non-NATS? How many people does your unit have coming up to retirement having never worked for anyone else?
We have to accept the fact that we are now ,at least "part" privatised.Surely £800m was actually a small price to pay for a workforce so dedicated to the company. Will our new management see us as some of the best in the world at what we do, and pay us the appropriate salary!
Or perhaps a group of workers hanging on to their present salaries and pension rights,hoping any major change wont affect us.
It is certainly true that airline management dont seem to hold on to their best assets, will we be any different.
Thoughts please.......PS I have written a similar subject in rumours and news entitled "Loyalty...does it get you anywhere"
in an attempt to get a pilots perspective.

[This message has been edited by Wheelybin (edited 10 April 2001).]

Matt Spartou
10th Apr 2001, 12:18
At a unit some of my mates work at they have lost something like 15 ATCOs to non-NATS (UK and overseas) units in the last four or five years. Doesn't seem very loyal to me.

Bagheera
11th Apr 2001, 04:17
15 Atcos!!!! Thats half an airport, or 5% of Latcc...doubt it somehow!

Lardyboy
11th Apr 2001, 15:00
No actually, he's right. There's people leaving Ice Station Zebra(aka EGPD) all the time, and 15 sounds about right, though some of them have moved to other NATS units. So the moral is Bagheera, don't doubt what you don't know

Matt Spartou
11th Apr 2001, 17:26
Lardy has the ident correct. Spoke to one of my mates this morning who says since 95/96-ish about ten airport ATCOs have gone non-NATS (EGNT, NV, NX, PK, NM and the Middle East among the beneficiaries) With a handful of offshore staff going to similar locations.

For the mathematician in Bagheera that's about 20% of the staff http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

FooFighter
12th Apr 2001, 02:52
I think the EGPD example needs to be handled with caution.

* Rest of this message removed by author *

[This message has been edited by FooFighter (edited 12 April 2001).]

MonkeyWrench
12th Apr 2001, 13:24
Okay, so EGPD has a staff turnover issue. With that many staff leaving, is it about loyalty or just that geography tends to be pretty permanent? EGPD ain't getting any closer to "everywhere else".

-------------
Monkey Wrench