PDA

View Full Version : NATS Personnel Interview & Computer Tests-advice needed!

BubbahRay
9th Apr 2001, 02:17
Hi all

Just got a letter asking me to attend the above. Can anyone advise me on what they are like?

Any help/tips/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Bubbah

Echo Oscar
9th Apr 2001, 13:17
Well done, pal. I was not so lucky. Must be an aegist thing.

Good luck.....

EO

G-BJOP
10th Apr 2001, 21:37
Hi Bubbah.

If you go back and look for the NATS interviews thread you will find loads of good advice. I got through (although I'm still not sure how) and all the advice I would give is
a) Make sure you've had loads of sleep
b) If you really want the job, make sure it shows
c) Know the basics well but don't get paranoid - as some wise ATCOs told me it's called an interview not a test, and if you knew it all already you'd be doing the job
d) Relax and think before you act/speak - if you're wound up you'll blow your chance for the year!

Good luck and just believe that if it's meant to be it will happen.

Let us know how it goes and maybe see you in July,

G-BJOP

information_alpha
10th Apr 2001, 21:51
bubba:

3 stages (not necessarly in this order)

1st Personnel interview. Why do you want the job, where do you see yourself in 10 years time etc etc etc. just like a normal interview.

2nd stage Technical Interview. The G-OP is right, if you knew everthing who would need CATC! Just have a good grounding and look motivated - make sure you visit a unit, airport and area if poss.

3rd Stage Computer test. This test reasoning, speed, decision making, following instructions etc. Some of it is okay some a nightmare - everyone is different. However everyone i speak to seems to think they failed this part - including me! The best advice to give is DONT GIVE UP. Just keep plodding through giving the answers, if you know one was wrong forget it and move on. I personally think that it is to see that despite what it chucks at you you keep going until it is over - day in the life of a tower controller really!

Lastly GOOD LUCK - let us know how you do.