PDA

View Full Version : Visit thank you in advance

G-BJOP
27th Feb 2001, 23:11
I'd just like to say a heartfelt THANK YOU to whoever the lovely watch manager is at Brum, who has agreed to let me visit this Saturday afternoon.
As I'm currently in another job and only had 3.5 weeks notice of my interview date, it was hard enough getting time off for the interview itself, never mind the visit aswell.
I know that we are imposing on you guys
so I just wanted to say thank you in advance for being flexible and please tell me what biscuits/cakes I should smuggle in! ;)
With visits, is it normally a problem to bring a friend? He is a Mech Eng grad and I've bored him witless with the stuff I'm learning so much he wants to have a look aswell. I'd make him promise not to touch anything!

Anyway, thanks a million again.
G-BJOP

viva77
28th Feb 2001, 00:20
Never heard him described as lovely before but....
And there's some gals too

Bobman
28th Feb 2001, 01:13
Well, so long as your mate is well behaved, will sit in the corner with his finger on his lips, we might just be able to squeeze him in!

BTW, I like anything with milk chocolate!!!

viva77
28th Feb 2001, 02:38
Don't give this man smarties whatever you do!!

Spoonbill
28th Feb 2001, 16:01
GBJOP - I dont work at Brum, but if you want to bring us sweeties and other gifts, drop me a line, we're always open to subtle bribery.
Beware of the ATCO who invites you into a dark radar room - alone! :)
(Especially if it's Stan the Man).

batfink_uk1
28th Feb 2001, 17:02
Hey Bobman is that Willybobman? if so then hiya matey, if not then accept my apologies!!!

route direct to shaaaaark!!!

Bobman
2nd Mar 2001, 00:28
Nope........not been described as that before....sorry!!!

G-BJOP
21st Mar 2001, 21:28
Dear Bob(man)

An enormous gigantic colossal thank you to you and all the other guys who I met on my visit to Birmingham.

I'm in !!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Only medical/security etc to go now and shouldn't be a problem.

I'll remember you for my OJT if I get any say in it!

Thanks again for all your time.

Karen

Bobman
20th Apr 2001, 21:27
Well done - I've known for some time now, but have only just found this thread again!

When do you start?

Good luck, and keep us informed!

Robx

Bright-Ling
20th Apr 2001, 21:34
Bobman,

was that last post signed with a kiss?!?!?!

Bobman
21st Apr 2001, 21:31
What can I say? Do you want one too? Well, go on then, here's a special one.......

X

G-BJOP
23rd Apr 2001, 21:14
I'm on CATC course 119, starting July 9th. I've finished all the medicals etc and just waiting for that one final magic piece of paper.

I've only found two other people who are on the same course as me so far, but then I keep forgetting that the PPRUNE address isn't in the info that NATS send out! (Should be I think! Also I think there ought to be a separate thread on interviews / applications to save the ceaseless repetition of questions/information in the main ATC thread - PPRUNE Radar are you listening? ;))

Anyway, thanks again,
G-BJOP