PDA

View Full Version : As promised - to the controller who gave us (GOE122) a 'straight in' at STN tonight

CrashDive
8th Apr 2001, 05:27
Now I can't quite remember the frequency (think it was something like 127.3) but it was certainly the one between 132.050 (first contact with London, and 118.82 (last London freq, prior to Essex Radar) during a LOREL2C arrival at STN....... the crew on the flight (a few hours ago) in the title of this thread, would like to say a hearty thanks for the straight-in to Rwy05

Whom ever you are - e.g. you said that your son is the one that reads PPRuNe - yeah, with bells on ;) , cheers mate !

Ps. And thanks too to all the others involved - jeez I/we love British ATC !

Nuke the Bastards
8th Apr 2001, 12:32
Thanks CD......

Whoever it was I am sure they are heartened by your thanks.

We DO try to give the best service possible, however these days things are so "compartmentalised" within TC these days that such shortcuts are rarely possible.

PPRuNe Radar
9th Apr 2001, 01:00
And so much cheaper than having to cart a PPRuNe Moderator around with you everytime CD ;)

That crate of beer was very nice BTW :)

------------------
PPRuNe Radar
ATC Forum Moderator
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by PPRuNe Radar (edited 08 April 2001).]

radar1
9th Apr 2001, 03:45
Nice story CD.

BTW, how did you get around to the topic of PPRuNe?

As an en-route controller that speaks to a lot of UK aircraft every day, I often wonder what percentage read PPRuNe. Would be nice to speak to some of the people here. But how do you bring the topic up!!

Anyone else have similar PPRuNe on the air stories?

CrashDive
9th Apr 2001, 04:56
I just said, "thanks mate, and I'll sing your praises on PPRuNe too !"

Ps. I must be doing something right because returning a few hours ago from GLA (GOE896K), and for our first time ever, when just north of MAN (instead of doing the LOREL2G) we got a "Direct Barkway" - BRILLIANT.... and so to the nice lady who gave us that..... thanks to you too !

PPs. If we carry on like this, I can see a PPRuNe version of the old Dan Air 'Chugalug' greeting being formulated before too long.

Red Spitfire Driver
10th Apr 2001, 00:51
Hi CD - my son managed to get me signed up - I would have preferred the cheque :) - but a thread on Pprune is acceptable !!

My view about 'Straight ins' is that you are probably safer on the ground. So the sooner you are there the better http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

Wheelybin
10th Apr 2001, 04:28
I am seriously disturbed by the content of this thread....Straight in approaches merely for a quick mention on Pprune.
I dont give them for anything less than a dedication on the Chris Moyles show! (Radar Love)

PPRuNe Towers
10th Apr 2001, 23:52
Red Spitfire Driver does not speak with forked tongue.

He must have controlled CD and I on one of the occasions we flew together.... Bitter experience and all that.

Now son of chugalug - that's an belting idea.

Hmmmm thinking cap on.

Regards from the Towers
Rob Lloyd
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by PPRuNe Towers (edited 10 April 2001).]