PDA

View Full Version : CTOT- slot time

alexban
6th Dec 2004, 09:24
Hy all
I have a question regarding CTOT and departure slot .
As I remember on the flight plan you have to specify the offblock time.So this is the time that will be on the computerised flight plan.
Then you'll have a slot for departure and the cleareance will say for ex: slot time 12:00 . Is this correct?
If so the slot will be from 1155 to 1210?
I mean,shouldn't they say something like slot is 1155 to 1210?
What will be the CTOT?
Also ,from the FPL ,I have the off block time. What is the CTOT according to that?
For ex,i'm on CDG,and for departure my FPL says 12:00.This,I guess it's the offblock time.What is the CTOT in this case?
Thks
Alex

silly walks
6th Dec 2004, 09:46
Alex
If you have no slot your CTOT will be based on the standard taxi time at your departure airport, ie standard taxi time at LHR is 15mins.
If you are slotted then that time will be your CTOT.You used to able to get a 10 minute extension to slots, if you were running late, but now you have to put in a delay message with your new EOBT.
The idea is that you constantly update your flight plan to give eurocontrol a better idea of what is happening and to stop queue jumpers.

yaffs
6th Dec 2004, 11:26
your CTOT is the time you should be aiming for to be airborne so therefore you should plan to able to push and taxi in order to be at the holding point and ready for the CTOT time
the flight plan off blocks time is another matter - and not a slot
the slot tolerance that you mentioned is for atc to use and NOT for you - ie you cannot say that the CTOT is 1000 so therefore i can plan to be airborne at 1010 - which is why you dont get a slot that is 0955-1010
hope that helps

yaffs

LateLandingClearance
7th Dec 2004, 07:49
I have a question regarding CTOT and departure slot
They are the same thing, don't get yourself confused by overcomplicating the issue! :)
As I remember on the flight plan you have to specify the offblock time.So this is the time that will be on the computerised flight plan.
Correct, this will be shown on the controller's data as your EOBT.
Then you'll have a slot for departure and the cleareance will say for ex: slot time 12:00 . Is this correct?
Yes, if there is a slot needed. The slot is generated because at some stage (whether departure airfield, arrival airfield or some block of airspace en-route) you travel through a place that has foreseen demand exceeding the capacity, so flow control measures have been imposed. If you aren't hitting one of those places, then there's no slot to issue ("no delay").
If so the slot will be from 1155 to 1210? I mean,shouldn't they say something like slot is 1155 to 1210?
Answered by yaffs. You aim to pushback on time and the taxi-time parameter in the computer will have generated a slot that you can make. The 5-before is for when it's quieter and you get to the hold quickly, the 10-after for the busy times when it takes you longer to reach no.1 at the hold.
What will be the CTOT?
In your example, 1200. Slot=CTOT.
from the FPL ,I have the off block time. What is the CTOT according to that?
Not sure I follow this, but basically, slot would be calculated by EOBT + taxitime parameter set by the departure airfield.
FPL says 12:00.This,I guess it's the offblock time.What is the CTOT in this case?
1200+LFPG's taxitime (don't know what that is, sorry :D ) at best, or later than that if, through the flow control that has caused there to be a slot in the first place, you have to be delayed to meet a target time in the overdemanded area.

Finally, as if you're not now confused enough, don't confuse the slot issued by ATC with the slot that your company hold for the use of that runway (issued by the airport authority in the annual bidding match ;) or by grandfather rights).

Blimey, much longer than I'd planned, sorry, but hope it helps:uhoh:

alexban
7th Dec 2004, 08:47
thks for answering ,it helped a lot.I had a discussion with someone few days ago,and it kinda confused me.
I was right then,but not very firm on my beliefs.Now I am,thks.
Brgds Alex