PDA

View Full Version : Interviews - IAA

Nav1
6th Apr 2001, 00:37
Hi Folks!

Just wondering if there are any ATCO`s out there who might be able to share some information on the format for the preliminary and final interviews for the IAA Student Air Traffic Controller competition. I`m doing some research at the moment on the IAA and learning a little bit about the company and its structure and also the duties of an ATCO. I`m also nearing the end of my training for my PPL. I`m wondering as to how much depth of knowledge is required for the interviews and will the PPL help me or hamper me. Just one more thing......any ideas on how to get my head around the Computer Aptitude tests?

Thank you very much for any info that you can lend me.

Nav1

G-BJOP
6th Apr 2001, 11:16
Sorry if this shows my ignorance rather than yours, but do you mean NATS rather than IAA?
If so, I can help having just ben through.

G-BJOP

radar1
9th Apr 2001, 03:55
Nav1, I'm an ATCO working for the IAA. Mail me direct and I'll be happy to provide any info you need - [email protected]

G-BJOP, aren't we all the one company now :) Or am I misinterpreting the PPP result ...

[This message has been edited by radar1 (edited 08 April 2001).]

kopbhoy2
11th Apr 2001, 19:50
Nav 1, this information may be a little out of date, as I sat an interview with them a few years ago...

The preliminary interview is fairly easy. Two people on the panel, they go through your details (college, school, work, home, interests etc), they also give you some simple questions on directions, basic maths etc.

After that it's a computer based aptitude test which is tough enough (accuracy & speed being the keywords). I didn't get any further... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

By way of comparison, I found the interviews for Aer Lingus much harder, but the aptitude test for Parc/EI was easier...

Bets of luck!

neilamackie
26th Jan 2002, 01:44
I have my final interview with NATS a week today. I think I am pretty clued up for the two interviews - but I know next to nothing about the Computer Based test. Can anyone help???

GroundBound
26th Jan 2002, 13:19
NAV 1. .If you want to try a great radar simulator, go to. .users.skynet.be/atcsim/

- and its free :-)