PDA

View Full Version : Its only a 5% share ...BUT

Wheelybin
5th Apr 2001, 04:29
It is my belief that the employees 5 % share in the new system allows for a seat on the board. If this is true has anyone considered the possibility of all staff handing their worthless bits of paper over ,legally, to another party who both the government and ALG will hate?
Any suggestions? Monster Raving Loony party? Gwyneth Dunwoody? The Chinese Government!

[This message has been edited by Wheelybin (edited 05 April 2001).]

Numpo-Nigit
5th Apr 2001, 13:26
I thought that the Monster Raving Loony party already had their "Golden Share" ....

Steep Approach
5th Apr 2001, 13:39
...Ken Livingstone!!

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
5th Apr 2001, 14:03
Hey... mind what you say about the Official Monster Raving Loony Party because I'm a member - and I've got the tee-shirt to prove it!!!

2Donkeys
5th Apr 2001, 14:50
I thought they gave you Mugs these days :)

-2Donkeys

Lardyboy
5th Apr 2001, 15:48
:mad: :mad: No, it's not mugs anymore. Once you've proved you're a complete lunatic they give you a job at CATC :mad: :mad:

Bright-Ling
5th Apr 2001, 21:06
Lardyboy...

..or should that be Ladyboy!

Why are you so anti-CATC?? Who is Granny then??

Very confused!

Lardyboy
6th Apr 2001, 15:55
I'm not anti-CATC. The place is doing it's best considering current problems within the company. However, I don't think anyone can doubt the fact that there are certain instructors who should perhaps be retired due to a lack of operational knowledge. Can't name names as that's not fair to those concerned. The problem is not with individuals, but with NATS' attitude to training, and the very real requirement that the best controllers are needed operationally. I thouroughly agree with previous suggestions that the best way to do it is through secondments of operational controllers who retain their unit validations, as this is one of the few ways of injecting a certain amount of realism.

Bright-Ling
6th Apr 2001, 16:48
Fair enough!!!

Numpo-Nigit
6th Apr 2001, 18:24
As this thread has somehow landed on the subject of CATC, can anybody explain the current questionnaire being distributed to OJTIs at LATCC? Its basic objective is to ask if suitably-qualified ATCOs wish to become instructors at CATC. No problem with that, but it also gives a list of possible reasons why people might not find the prospect attractive, and asks for the top five to be ranked by individuals. One of the options is "the current location of CATC". Are there plans to move? If so, where and when?

beaglepup
6th Apr 2001, 20:22
Lardy,
It's NOT just CATC, it's endemic throughout the whole caboodle.
BUT, you know the old saying.....
Them as can, do. Them as can't, teach
Them who are totally cr@p, examine!!!

Numpo-Nigit
6th Apr 2001, 20:34
beaglepup

A little bitter are we ???

Somebody fail you for something ???

Perhaps THEY were right ???

BEXIL160
7th Apr 2001, 01:58
beaglepup...

Wonder what that makes me then? I am a validated ATCO, and OJTI, ECT assessor and LCE?

BEX

NBanker
7th Apr 2001, 02:22
Yup, BEX, and to the 4 things on your list I can add, qualified classroom instructor, ATC Examiner and validation board chairman! I wonder what the hell that makes me in Beaglepup's feeble mind?
NB

Vlad the Impaler
7th Apr 2001, 12:40
Seeing as this has turned into a CATC thread it must be about time to throw in my ill informed worth. The rumour that abounds at CATC, certainly with the ATSA's is that the college is being re-located to NERC within the next two years so ALL you area chaps can be instructors now and those that CAN, teach. Standards problem solved !!

surfingatco
7th Apr 2001, 14:07
NBanker, Bex - I am LCE, validity (or as they say now "competency") examiner, Assessor, Verifier, OJTI, LL tin pusher, so Pup, where are you coming from?

beaglepup
7th Apr 2001, 20:26
I seem to have put the moggie in the dickie birdies here.
YES, I know some very good OJTI's, LCE's and even Inspectors, like 95% of you/us/them.
BUT and "I say again", BUT there are certain peeps that I wouldn't trust to walk my dog, let alone do owt else.
Example:- Person gets posted from small station to "larger" [higher grade] station to a "Training post". Said person is not, that is NOT valid on any position after 2plus years on site, and now wants to "job share".
No Lads and Lassies, I am not bitter {passed all I've sat) but a touch dissolutioned